Recipe of the delicious and super healthy super food loaded with lentils and spinach -…
Simple Spinach Fried Rice || Keerai Sadham
Making a dish that is so simple, very seasonal and doesn’t need any special ingredient beyond what you have in your refrigerator and pantry is always special. Here comes my recipe of this simple spinach fried rice to came all that I said above to come true and you end up with hot, healthy rice dish that soon can become your comfort food.
To make this simple spinach fried rice, you need a frying pan or a wok. Coming to the ingredients, that is very much simpler. You need spinach – any variety will do, onions, dried red or fresh green chilli, oil, salt, mustard seeds and oil. And cooked rice. Leftover rice is also perfectly fine. What a way to use up leftover rice, right? The heat for the rice comes from the chilli. So do not skip it.
This dish is served hot with fryums or papad or chips. We love this rice with mango during the summer season that really brightens up the plate. This rice is perfect for packing lunch as well.
Check out the recipe below –
Simple Spinach Fried Rice || Keerai Saatham
- Large Frying pan or a wok
- 2 Cups Cooked Rice Hot or leftover is fine.
- 1 Bunch Spinach Greens of your choice – washed, cleaned and chopped.
- 1 Large Onion Diced
- 3 Large Dried Red Chilli or Green Chilli Chopped into large pieces
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 2 tsp Olive Oil Or any vegetable oil
- 1 tsp Salt Adjust as needed if your cooked rice has salt.
- 3 tsp Grated Coconut Optional
- Fryums or Papad or Chips
- In a large frying pan or a wok, heat oil.
- Add the mustard seeds and let them splutter.
- Add the red chilli chunks or chopped green chilli and saute well.
- Add the diced onion and the salt. Saute well until the onion is translucent.
- Add the chopped spinach – Any greens of your choice and seasonal – saute until they wilt.
- Add the grated coconut is using and give a good stir.
- Add the cooked rice. Saute well – Do the wok trick if using a wok. Saute until the rice is well coated and is hot.
- Serve hot with papad or chips.
- Use any spinach/greens you have.
- Skip coconut if you don’t have it. And do not use coconut if you are planning to pack it for lunch or eat later.
- Enjoy with Mango like in my pics – that is so good.