Homemade Glazed Strawberry Pop Tarts
Simple homemade pop tarts with a glaze, frosted and sprinkled with colorful sprinkles can be made at home. Yes, you read that right. Pop tarts need not come from a store bought box always but with a few pantry ingredients, that are so basic you won’t believe, you can make the best of the pop tarts. Read on for my recipe of the homemade frosted strawberry pop tarts. So simple, so delicious and so versatile, you make with your favorite jam or preserves.
As mentioned above, all you need are 6 pantry ingredients. Flour, butter, baking powder, salt, milk and jam! How cool is it.. So simple, if you ask me and I recommend you make a batch every week and store them in freezer for the snack fix or a quick breakfast.
Pop one in a toaster for a few seconds or in microwave straight from the freezer, you have your sweet fix for the snack.
Check out the recipe below-
Homemade Glazed Strawberry Jam Pop TartsFhareen’s Kitchen
- A large mixing bowl or a food processor
- Rolling Pin
- 2 Cups [220g] All Purpose Flour Any flour mix will work
- 3/4 Cup[100g] Unsalted Butter Cold and cubed
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3/4 Cup Milk of choice about 75ml
- 1 Cup Strawberry Jam Any Jam will work
- Any Sprinkles – optional
- In a large mixing bowl or in your food processor bowl add the flour, baking powder and the salt. Mix well.
- Add the butter and rub through the flour until the flour is crumbly and you can still see the butter chunks.
- Add milk 1 teaspoon full at a time and combine with the crumble mix. DO NOT OVER MIX, work just until the pastry dough come together. You will need about 4-6 teaspoons only. Save the rest of the milk for the glaze.
- Roll the dough between two non stick sheets into a large rectangle. Trim the edges as needed.
- Cut into 12 even sized rectangles.
- Place a teaspoon of Jam in the middle of the rectangles.[For 6 rectangles]
- Close the jam filled rectangle with another and do the same for all the tarts.
- Crimp the edges with a fork, so the Jam doesn’t come out while baking.
- Arrange them on a baking tray with about 3 cm space all the sides.
- Brush the tops with milk.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes in a preheated oven of 180 degrees Celsius.
- While they bake, mix the leftover jam and milk together. You glaze is ready.
- Once the pop tarts come out of the oven, cool for a while and then add the glaze.
- Add the sprinkle if using.
Check out my Instagram profile @Fhareena for more recipes and photos.