A super simple delicious fudgy chocolate marbled banana bread made with left over ripe banana…
Chocolate Banana Bread with Fudge Icing
Banana is the most common and easy available fruit in the entire world!! Yes, which is why most of us consume them – And also bananas are a healthy source of fiber, potassium and other anti-oxidants.
Unfortunately, bananas are easily perishable. The shelf life is so short, you have to use them as soon as they are ready for consumption, Although packed with nutrients, not all banana produced are consumed and still edible bananas are thrown away in millions. Sometimes, we have overripe banana and if they are not edible and mushy we throw them away – This must be stopped and we have to use all the produce we buy wisely and reduce waste.
Speaking of overripe bananas, I have a few recipes in my blog – check them out and here below is one more.
- Check out my other banana recipes below
This Chocolate banana bread is an one bowl recipe, so easy to make and is a good change from the regular banana bread if you are a baker.
The recipe includes an amazingly easy, luscious Chocolate fudge icing drizzled on top which is optional – but guys, I would love for you all to try it. It is easy, delicious and so very chocolate-y I have no words to describe it other than heavenly.
This chocolate fudge sauce is the same I use as my Churros dipper as well. It is that good, and is customizable – Flavor it however you like.
Back to the chocolate banana recipe –
- It is easy
- It is an one bowl recipe. So mix all the ingredients in the given order!! SO SIMPLE
- Chances of failure are zero
- Gives a lot of satisfaction on making, if you are bored of making common banana bread recipes which seems to be the trend nowadays with everybody craving to cook and bake with the leftover banana during the quarantine and isolation.
Like I told, do not skip the fudge icing, because that is amazing.
The recipe is below.
CHOCOLATE BANANA BREAD WITH CHOCOLATE FUDGE ICING
- 2 Ripe Bananas Mash the banana in the mixing bowl
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/4 Cup All Purpose Flour Gluten-free mix will work too
- 1/2 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
To Make Chocolate Fudge Icing
- 75 grams Dark Chocolate
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1/2 Cup Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 tbsp Icing Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract Variation – Lime/Lemon/Orange zest and Juice, Cardamom Powder
To Make the Banana Bread
- In a mixing bowl, mash the banana well
- Add the brown sugar and mix well
- Add the olive oil, eggs and Vanilla extract until the mixture is frothy
- Add the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix well until all the ingredients are combined
- Pour the batter into a greased loaf pan
- Bake for 40-45 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius preheated oven
- Cool on a cooling rack while the fudge icing chills in the fridge
- Pour the icing on top of the bread and let it set. Slice and serve.
To Make the Chocolate fudge icing
- Put all the ingredients in a sauce pan and heat gently.
- Slowly whisk until all the ingredients come together.
- DO NOT let it boil and take it off the heat right after the sauce come together and shiny.
- Cool and use as a topping for cakes, sundaes, churros etc.,
Check out my Instagram Profile for more recipes and photographs – @Fhareena