Not your average banana bread but healthy chocolate chunk oatmeal banana bread. This bread is…
Chocolate Marbled Banana Bread
I think the banana recipes will never cease popping in the internet!! I myself in my relatively new blog have posted several banana recipes.. And one more now. Chocolate Marbled Banana Bread.
This banana bread is special – made with left over ripe red bananas. But you can use any banana you have. I have used any banana I have had in this recipe, so no fear as long as they are super ripe and sweet!
This recipe is very similar to the regular banana breads – except this is recipe is dairy free, refined sugar free and so SIMPLE.
There are two tones in the loaf – Banana and chocolate, obviously. But the base batter is one.
You have to make the banana bread batter, divide into two bowl and add chocolate[Cocoa Powder] in one!! You get a natural banana flavor in one and chocolate banana in another.
How to make Chocolate Marbled Banana Bread?!
Ripe banana – Major Ingredient of this loaf cake is ripe and sweet banana.
Brown Sugar – Use white granulated sugar if that is what you have. But brown sugar gives that wonderful caramel flavor.
In my recipe I have used Olive Oil. But use any vegetable oil you have.
My recipes uses Eggs. If you want to make it vegan and replace with flax eggs or any nut milk.
All Purpose Flour – I have used AP flour and the recipe works great with any gluten-free mix you have as well.
Good quality cocoa powder – Use dark, chocolate-y dutch pressed cocoa powder. We use this brand.
It is all about getting the batter made and dividing it into two and add cocoa powder to one.
With two bowls of batter, banana and chocolate banana get two scoops or a small ladle. To a prepared – lined and greased loaf tin add a scoop of plain banana batter. Top with a scoop of chocolate banana. Repeat until you are done with all the batter. Slightly swirl the batter on the top. Bake, cool and slice!! Enjoy the best of flavors in a slice.
Check out the recipe below –
Chocolate Marbled Banana Bread
- Loaf tin, two mixing bowls, scoops
- 2 Large Ripe Bananas Mashed
- 1 Cup[110gms] Brown Sugar Use granulated Sugar if you like
- 2 Large Eggs Check Vegan Options in notes
- 3/4 Cup Olive Oil Any vegetable oil or melted butter will also work
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 Cups[180gms] AP Flour Try any gluten-free mix you like
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- In a large mixing bowl add the banana and mash them.
- Add the brown sugar and mix well.
- Add the eggs, vanilla extract and the oil and whisk well to combine them all.
- Sieve the flour, baking powder, baking soda into the bowl.
- Add the salt.
- Mix well until combined without any clumps.
- Pour or spoon in half the batter from the mixing bowl into another clean bowl.
- To the mixing bowl add the cocoa powder and mix well.
- Now you have them, two different batters – banana and chocolate banana.
- In a greased and lines loaf tin, pour one scoop of plain batter and one scoop of chocolate banana batter. REPEAT until the batter is over. Swirl slightly on the top to get the marbled effect.
- Bake in a preheated oven of 180 degrees Celsius for 38-45 minutes.
- Cool completely on a rack and slice.
- Use good quality dark chocolate – cocoa powder.
- Replace eggs with flax eggs or nut milk.
- Replace olive oil with any vegetable oil. But olive oil goes well with both banana and chocolate.
- Cool the loaf on a rack completely. DO NOT slice the bread while hot.
2 thoughts on “Chocolate Marbled Banana Bread”