A spicy, flavorful mashed potato with no cream, milk or butter but just spice and…
Potato Capsicum Masala
Simple curries like this Potato Capsicum Masala are life savers on a morning filled with work calls, but you still have to cook for the day.
Below is how I made this delicious side dish for poori..
1. Peel and cut the potatoes into chunky pieces.
2. Heat oil in a pan, preferably pressure cooker or in the instant pot.
3. Add the potatoes and let it fry until crispy while you chop some onions, Chilli and coriander leaves.
4. When the potatoes are slightly brown and looks crispy, add a teaspoonful full of cumin seeds. Let them fry.
5. Add the ginger garlic paste, onions, Chilli and coriander leaves. Saute until translucent.
6. Add salt, turmeric powder, Chilli powder, coriander seeds powder and a little garam masala powder.
7. Add a good splash of water, cover and pressure cook for 4 minutes or two whistles. If cooking in regular pot just cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
8. While the potatoes cook, slice some Capsicum or bell peppers.
9. Once the potatoes are cooked, add the Capsicum slices, mix and cover for 5 minutes. Wonderfully crunchy Capsicum in a curry is true love.
10. Serve hot with rice or rotis.
Check out my Instagram profile and highlights for more pics and recipes – @Fhareena #parveenskitchen #foodblogger