Blueberry Crumble bars - Parveenskitchen.com :A healthy simple blueberry jam crumble bars - Three layers…
Strawberries and Cream Crumble with Sesame seeds
Spring is here and so are the bright colorful recipes. Today I’m sharing my recipe of the strawberry crumble with a twist. A secret ingredient, which gives crunch and elevates the taste too. To keep the recipe with a classic combination , I have cut down the butter and added heavy cream instead with coconut oil. Simply perfect and super delicious Strawberries and cream crumble with sesame seeds – Parveenskitchen.com
Read on for the recipe..
Strawberries and cream crumble sesame seeds
- Strawberries filling
- 3 Cups Strawberries [Fresh or Frozen] Hull and cut into pieces
- 1/3 cup Sugar or Honey
- 2 tablespoon arrow root starch or Cornstarch
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Oat and Sesame seeds topping
- 1 cup old-fashioned/Rolled oats
- 1/2 cup All purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Roasted Sesame Seeds
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 3 tablespoon Coconut oil melted
- 3 tablespoon Heavy Cream
- Vanilla ice cream for serving
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Clean the strawberries and cut them into pieces. In a 9 by 9-inch baking dish or any pie dish, mix together the strawberries, sugar or honey, arrow root starch or cornstarch, lemon juice.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the oats, AP flour, sesame seeds, sugar and salt. Mix in the coconut oil and heavy cream. Stir until all of the flour is incorporated and the mixture is moistened throughout, yet crumbly.
- Drop spoonfulls of the oat mixture over the filling and use your fingers to break up the mixture until it is evenly distributed.
- Bake for 50 minutes, or until the filling is bubbling around the edges and the top is lightly golden.
- Let the crumble rest for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream.
Check out my Instagram profile and highlights for more pics and recipes – @Fhareena #parveenskitchen #foodblogger