Recipe of a simple, healthy, sugar-free cracker cookies made with honey and flavored with cinnamon…
Easy Homemade Coconut Crackers
Summer is here and I’m back with a cracker recipe of easy homemade coconut crackers. These are so perfect for making S’mores. Imagine toasted coconut with vanilla marshmallows and dark chocolate!! JUST SO GOOD!
With all of us staying home or having found options to work from home, it is a known fact the snack consumption has reached a new high. Also people are missing out on picnics and camping trips. This recipe right here is a perfect bake at home easily Crackers and later make S’mores with them that tastes like tropical holidays at exotic locations, still at home. Check out my Air fryer S’mores recipe.
Subscribe to our newsletter! Never miss a new recipe..
Easy Homemade Coconut Crackers
This crackers recipe is developed in mind with the toasted coconut in the S’mores mostly that has no added refined sugar. That said, these crackers can be used for your S’mores sandwiches, ice cream sandwiches, cheese board and for tart or pie bases and my personal favorite -S’mores.
Like mentioned above, these crackers are sweetened with coconut sugar, that gives the crackers natural sweetness that will linger on your tongue for a long time, pleasantly.
These crackers are flaky, thanks to the butter used and fiber rich whole wheatmeal. And more flavorful, thanks to the COCONUT FLOUR in it. You can also use powdered dry coconut if you have it.
In my recipe I have used coconut milk, but if you want to make it with any other dairy-free options, replace with soy milk or almond milk. It will work and will also give good flavor to the crackers.
As you can see in the pictures, these crackers are not overly toasted but still crunchy. Increase the baking time by 3-4 minutes as needed to get more color to your preference.
Check out the recipe below –
Easy Homemade Coconut CrackersParveen’s Kitchen
- 150 Grams Whole Wheat Flour
- 50 Grams Coconut Flour Or Dry Powdered Coconut
- 60 Grams Coconut Butter Or Regular butter. Cold and cubed
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 3 tbsp Coconut Sugar
- 6 tbsp Coconut Milk
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- In a large bowl or in a food processor bowl add the flour, salt, coconut sugar and the baking powder. Combine well by pulsing the food processor or mix
- .Add Butter and pulse again until the mixture is crumbly.
- Add the coconut milk. Mix just until the dough come together.
- Form a disc of the sticky dough into a cling film and chill for at least 15 minutes.
- Halve the chilled dough and roll each half into a large rectangle evenly with a thickness of 1/8th of an inch. Trim the edges and cut into rectangles or squares as you like. Prick each square with fork.
- In a lined baking sheet or a tray, arrange the cut crackers and bake at 200 degrees Celsius for 10-12 minutes until they are golden at the edges. Bake for a couple more minutes if you want more crunch in your crackers.
- Cool and store the crackers in an airtight box for up to 2 weeks.
- Use whole wheatmeal for this recipe. They are fibrous and good for health.
- Replace coconut butter with coconut oil or regular butter as required.
- Bake the crackers with at least 1/2 inch space all around. Do not forget to prick holes with fork in the crackers.
- Use the crackers for your snacking or any regular use you need crackers for – they are super delicious.
- Homemade Sugar-free Honey Cinnamon Crackers
- Easy Homemade Baked Coconut Chips
A super simple recipe of baked coconut chips that you can use as a snack.…