Recipe of a simple, healthy, Easy Homemade Coconut Crackers made with coconut flour, coconut milk…
Easy Homemade Baked Coconut Chips
A super simple recipe of baked coconut chips that you can use as a snack. A healthy option and these chips can be added to your granola or any recipes that call for coconut. These coconut chips are crispy, no added sweeteners and spiced with cinnamon for the extra kick. Feel free to add any dry ground spice you like in this recipe.
Since there is no added sweet in the recipe you may have to balance sweet in your other recipes or if eating as a snack separately, you can drizzle some honey. Alternatively, you can drizzle some honey before you bake. Since I manage to find sweet coconut and ensure I use that for this recipe I always bake them with no added sweeteners.
Finding good coconut is the key. Once you have the coconut, break it, and take out the coconut from the shell.
For this recipe I have peeled off the hard brown skin and used only the white part. This step helps in even browning of the chips.
Check out the recipe of these baked coconut chips recipe below
Easy Homemade Baked Coconut ChipsCourse: Quick and Easy
Fresh Coconut – 1 , broken and shell removed. Cut in to large chunks.
Ground Cinnamon – 1 tsp
Honey – 1 tbsp [Optional]
- Peel off the brown skin in the coconut chunks.
- Using a mandoline slicer, carefully slice the coconut into thin slices.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon and the honey if using on the coconut.
- Give a quick stir.
- Transfer to a lined baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 10-12 minutes until they are light brown on the edges and crispy.
- Alternatively, use the air fryer if you have and bake in it for 6 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius.
- Enjoy as a snack or in your granola or in any of your bakes. It is so good with ice cream as well.
- Use honey or any sweetener as you like in the chips before baking.
- Keep a close watch if using air fryer. It will brown and burn too quickly.