Delicious Apple Buckle - Simple and delicious Apple Buckle... With the amount of apples and…
Cinnamon Apple Cobbler
This recipe is warm, salty, buttery soft, sweet and cinnamon-y and so very fragrant, thanks to cinnamon in the dish, this is an absolute comfort food. Perfect for breakfast too. This cinnamon apple cobbler is so simple to put together, failure percentage is very very less and is delicious.
This cobbler dish has cinnamon in three forms –
- Ground cinnamon in the biscuit dough.
- Ground cinnamon in the apple filling.
- Cinnamon Sugar sprinkled on top of the cream brushed biscuits.
Smell the cinnamon yet?? Read on..
I have always loved fruity bakes. Be it galette, cupcakes or cobblers I love them all with fruits in them. Cobblers are my recent obsession. Juicy roasted fruits underneath, buttery crumbly and flavorful and doughy biscuits on top. What’s not to like in them.
The dish is so yummy and super delicious we at our home eat them without ice cream or any cream. Just perfect and rich just the way it is. But serve with cream or ice cream if you like.
Major ingredients of the cinnamon apple cobbler –
Apples are the major ingredient along with the ground cinnamon. Use any apples you have. I used red delicious for this recipe.
Although I used butter for the biscuits because I love them in the biscuits. But you can use coconut butter or coconut oil if you like the biscuits that way making the dish completely vegan.
- For the biscuits, combine the flour, cinnamon, brown sugar, baking powder and salt and mix. Rub the cold cubed butter into the flour until the butter is of the size of little peas and crumbly. Add the heavy cream, a tablespoon at a time and mix just until the dough come together. DO NOT OVERWORK.
- Pat the dough into a rectangle and cut into 4 equal parts. Stack them on top of each other and pat them down back into a stacked rectangle. This is a wonderful tip I learnt watching halfbakedharvest.com recipes from Tieghan. This gives your biscuits all the buttery layers you need and I am not going to just roll and cut hereafter!!
- Roll the dough softly with flour dusted on the surface into a 1/2 inch circles. Cut the shape you want and re-roll as needed.
- For the filling in an oven safe pan add the sliced apples, some brown sugar, ground cinnamon , a tablespoon of corn flour. Do not cook, we just want to mix the ingredients. The apples will get roasted in the oven along with the biscuits.
- Arrange the biscuits on the top, brush them with leftover cream and sprinkle on the cinnamon sugar.
- Bake and serve warm.
- Enjoy with some ice cream or fresh whipped cream.
Check out my instant pot recipes. If you are looking to buy an instant pot, Check out in Amazon: Instant Pot Duo