This is an all-rounder healthy and gluten free recipe. Grab it for a healthy snack…
Delicious Apple Buckle
Recently I’m obsessed with buckle cakes especially blueberries. Although the blueberries are not in season and not available in Chennai markets with quarantines and lock down periods. So making do with what fruit I have, it is! And apples are the next best fruits to the juicy blueberries and I totally wanted to make use of them in any ways I could. So made the apple buckles a few times and here we have it, the recipe of my super delicious Apple Buckle.
Simple and delicious Apple Buckle… With the amount of apples and a buttery crumbly top, the normally spongy cake BUCKLED and became like this!! Perfect for a coffee break or as a breakfast. This buckle recipe has ground almonds that you can skip, but I wanted to use it to enhance the apples with the rich almond flavor.
How to make delicious apple buckle?
It is very very simple, you need to make a cake batter loaded with lots of apples and then make a streusel like crumble topping. Add both in a springform pan and bake. Enjoy it warm..
Check out the full recipe below –
Delicious Apple BuckleCourse: Dessert, breakfastCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
Simple and delicious Apple Buckle… With the amount of apples and a buttery crumbly top, the normally spongy cake BUCKLED and became like this!! Perfect for a coffee break or as a breakfast.
6 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
½ cup light brown sugar
¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon salt
½ cup Cold Unsalted Butter
1 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 Cup Almond Meal
1 teaspoons baking powder
½ cup Unsalted Butter
1 cup Brown sugar
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
¾ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 cups peeled, cored and chopped apples
- Crumble TOPPING
- Combine flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Butter a 10-inch round spring-form pan (or a 9-inch square baking pan).
- Whisk together flour and baking powder and set aside.
- Cream together butter, sugar, cinnamon and salt until light and fluffy. Blend in eggs and vanilla.
- Gradually blend in flour mixture.
- Stir in apples.
- Transfer batter to greased pan. Sprinkle topping evenly over apple mixture.
- Bake 50-55 minutes or until wooden skewer inserted into center of cake comes out clean.
- Allow to cool 15 minutes and remove sides of pan. Serve warm or at room temperature.