Fruit bakes are my favourite. I have always loved to use fruits in any form…
Orange Ricotta Pancakes with caramelized Oranges
Pancakes are one of the most eaten breakfast in our home and the what makes the regular pancakes special is that the pancake mix is made from scratch, allows you to add any flavor combination you like either sweet or savory. These orange ricotta pancakes with caramelized oranges are just like eating cheesecake but in pancake form and in the most famous combination too.
These pancakes are fragrant, with orange zest and juice, has homemade ricotta that is super fresh and gives the soft unparalleled texture so specific about the ricotta cheese. The tang of the ricotta in the pancakes along with fresh brightness from oranges is next level delish and just what you need to make to brighten your mornings.
And, did I not mention above that these pancakes are getting served with sweet caramelized oranges??!! Well yes – indulging in sugar and sweetness a day in a week is nothing, right? So to serve these pancakes I added caramelized oranges and some homemade whipped cream and some honey to drench your pancakes. Sounds heavenly for me as I type these words. I sure do know that you like the tasty scene this recipe will bring your taste buds. Do try this recipe and let me know how you liked it in the comments.
Check out the recipe below –
Upside Down Caramelized Pineapple Pancake
- 2 Cups Milk Milk of choice – Plant based will work too.
- 1 Large Egg
- 1/2 Cup Pineapple Juice Optional
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Oil Plus some to grease the pan
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Flour All purpose, whole wheat or GF
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
For Caramelized Pineapple
- 8 Slices Pineapples
- 8 tsp Vanilla Sugar or regular sugar
To serve the pancakes
- Whipped cream
- Maple Syrup
- To make the pancake batter, mix all the pancake ingredients and make the slightly thick batter.
- Heat a pan, slightly grease with some oil and make pancakes.
- Place a slice of pineapple carefully on top. Sprinkle some sugar on top to caramelize.
- Flip carefully as soon as you see bubbles on top and cook both the sides, until the pineapple looks caramelized.
- Serve with toppings of choice.
Check out my Instagram profile and highlights for more pics and recipes – @Fhareena #parveenskitchen #foodblogger