Diwali wishes for all.. this super simple must sweet recipe is here after a lot of trial and errors.
This dish is gluten free, using chickpea flour and all. But not refined sugar free and has the desi ghee in it. It’s alright though. I have used lesser ghee than in the store bought Mysore pak. So should be a relief when we eat an extra piece.
Finally in good shape and texture… Presenting my Diwali prep..MYSORE PAK.
Made with chickpea flour, ghee and sugar these are delicious like you won’t believe, so must try.
The ratio I used is 1 1/4:1:3/4 for flour,sugar and ghee respectively.
Start by getting the things ready and do not leave the pan on stove unattended for any reason.. just for 15mins.
Mysore PakCourse: Desserts, Easy recipes, Indian recipes, Indian snacks, Quick and Easy, Tips and BasicsDifficulty: Medium
1 1/4 cups of chickpea flour
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup of ghee
- In a thick bottomed pan, add a teaspoon of ghee and add the chickpea flour. Toast on low flame until the roasted aroma of the flour waft through the kitchen. Caution to not to change the colour.
- In a bowl, add the roasted flour and 1/2 cup of ghee and mix well. Keep aside.
- In the same pan, add the sugar and about half a cup of water and let it boil on medium flame until the sugar syrup reaches one string consistency.
- Switch off the stove. Yes.. switch it off while you sieve through the flour and ghee mixture straight to the pan. Do it quickly, under a minute should be great.
- The stove should be on again, on a low mix well the flour,ghee and sugar mixture. Keep doing it,for about 1 minute. You must see small bubbles in the mixture which is when you must add a tsp of ghee.
- Keep mixing and when you see a bigger bubble switch of the stove. Add the remaining ghee and give a thorough mix.
- Pour the mixture on to a greased tray and spread it evenly. OR like me,you can use a silicon mould for a better shape and even size.
- Let it set for 5mins, then usig a clean knife cut the pieces(only when setting it on a tray.)
- The Mysore pak should be ready once cooled. Enjoy..
Check out my Instagram profile @Fhareena for more recipes and photos.