A traditional yogurt based sweet drink made of thick yogurt, Mango pieces and cashew- perfect…
GREEN MANGO MARMALADE
Hey all … how are you doing? Current time is bad, yes?
I am having difficult time with lock down and honestly it is very very crazy that I have decided give out my summer comfort recipe.
This is one recipe I have been following for a long time now. That is I make this every summer or whenever I see some green mango in the market.
Years and years the authenticity of this recipe has not changed. I still use jaggery for this recipe, not refined sugar. I suppose it will work with coconut sugar or soft brown sugar but nothing can replace the earthy taste then jaggery can give.
So you might have looked at the picture and figured that we are going to make some kind of a spread like jam or marmalade. You are right!!
Green mango marmalade… This is what we are going to do today.
This is very simple to cook, to Store and so very delicious, it is addictive. Yes, addictive.
Recipe has only two major ingredients and two optional ingredients. When I say optional I would like for you to try them both and make the dish and let me know in the comments how you like the texture of the marmalade with cashews in it.
The step by Step video is present in my Instagram Handle @Fhareena – Check it out
“A Summer classic made with minimum ingredients, healthy with no refined sugar, this GREEN MANGO MARMALADE is an addictive dish”
Green Mango Marmalade
- Grater/Food Processor
- 300 Grams Green/Raw Mango Peeled, Deseeded and Grated
- 300 Grams Jaggery Melt in Microwave or stove top with some water and filter/strain in a mesh – Jaggery generally has some dust or grains
- 1 tsp Ghee or Clarified Butter
- 15 Grams Cashew Broken into pieces, roast if needed, I like them raw in this dish
- In a pan, add the clarified butter and heat it.
- Add the grated green mango and saute it.
- Add the melted jaggery into the pan and stir well.
- Do the standard jam test of carefully drawing a line on the back of the spatula. The line should stay intact.
- Add the cashew now, and stir well.
- Switch off the flame and let it cool.
- Once it's warm, you can notice that the marmalade has thickened.
- Store it in a jar for 2 to 3 days or in the refrigerator upto 2-3 weeks