This is one recipe that has been coming into the blog for ages but somehow didn’t make it so far.. BUT guys, this is a MUST TRY!!
So easy to make, not much fuss if you don’t think whisking eggs whites and Sugar as a chore. I have never thought that. I mean, no pain no gain and all right?
If you have a stand mixer, then it is a breezy walk through the recipe. Because whisking eggs and melting chocolates are the major steps, or should I say only two steps in the batter preparation for this cake.
Have you scrolled down and checked out the pics yet? How were the cracks and the crispy edges?? Loved them???? Then you should make them… Because in this period of social distancing and quarantine, nobody else is going to make this amazing cake for you and thus, self-making the cake and self-helping it is.
And oh, don’t forget the ice cream to serve this cake. Ice cream is always good… or simply dust it with some icing sugar when you serve the cake.
Oh, did I mention it needs only 4 ingredients yet? yeah.. only 4 ingredients, one sauce pan, one mixing bowl and a baking pan.. you are set to make this cake.
So, all you need are some good quality chocolate, butter, eggs and sugar.
Eggs in this recipe gives the body to the cake – like no eggs, no chocolate flourless cake. I have not made a vegan version of this cake. But Alfafa for Egg whites substitution and flax egg for the yolk will most likely work.
Sugar is another major ingredient next to chocolate – you need it while you whisk the egg whites.
Lastly, Butter – I use unsalted, so will add a pinch of salt while whisking the egg whites. So if you have salted butter, cut the pinch and go with what you have.
How to make the cake???
So to make the cake, melt the butter and the chocolate on a very low flame on a sauce pan. You can use the microwave also, but I love the stove top scene – love watching the butter melting along with swirls of chocolate. Let it cool.
While the butter choco mix is cooling, separate the eggs, in a mixer/mixing bowl, add the egg whites, sugar and a pinch of salt and whisk until soft, yet stiff peaks are formed.
Back to the butter choco mix, add the yolks and mix well. Then, carefully fold the egg whites, without knocking out the air much.
Transfer the mix to a prepared springform pan and bake at 160 degrees Celsius for 45-50 minutes.
Flourless Chocolate Cake || Gluten Free || Easiest Cake
- Whisk or Mixer or beater for whisking the eggs
- Sauce pan or microwave to melt chocolate
- 150 Grams Dark Chocolate 50% Dark or above
- 125 Grams Unsalted Butter And a pinch of salt. If using salted butter, skip salt.
- 4 Eggs Separated
- 75 Grams Granulated Sugar
- Icing or Confectioner's Sugar To dust over the cake
- Vanilla Icecream
- Melt together Butter and the dark chocolate
- While the chocolate mixture cools, whisk the egg white with sugar until shiny stiff peaks are formed.
- To the chocolate mix add the egg yolks and mix well.
- Fold in the egg whites carefully to the chocolate yolk mix.
- Pour the mixture into a prepared tin and bake in preheated oven of 160 degrees Celsius for 45-50 minutes.
- And oh, don't forget the ice cream to serve this cake. Ice cream is always good… or simply dust it with some icing sugar when you serve the cake.
- Vegan option – Use Alfafa for Egg whites and Flax egg for the yolks and let me know how they turned out.
- While adding the egg whites, make sure you do not knock out the air and gently fold them into the chocolate mixture.
- Granulated white sugar is the best when you whip the egg whites, gives shiny peaks.
- And oh, don’t forget the ice cream to serve this cake. Ice cream is always good… or simply dust it with some icing sugar when you serve the cake.
There you have the best, gluten free, easiest but fudgiest chocolate cake and you don’t even need any flour!! Ready for the recipe now? Check it out..