This is one recipe that has been coming into the blog for ages but somehow…
Chocolate Olive Oil Torte || Flourless Chocolate Cake
One of the best, gooey and a simple chocolate cake recipe – This Flourless Chocolate Olive Oil Torte is so GOOD and so very delicious and is perfect if you are looking for a gluten free, dairy free dessert option.
So easy to make, not much fuss if you don’t think whisking eggs whites and Sugar as a chore. I have never thought that. I mean, no pain no gain and all right?
If you have a stand mixer, then it is a breezy walk through the recipe. Because whisking eggs and melting chocolates are the major steps, or should I say only two steps in the batter preparation for this cake.
Have you scrolled down and checked out the pics yet? How were the cracks and the crispy edges?? Loved them???? Then you should make them… Because in this period of social distancing and quarantine, nobody else is going to make this amazing cake for you and thus, self-making the cake and self-helping it is.
And oh, don’t forget the ice cream to serve this cake. Ice cream is always good… or simply dust it with some icing sugar when you serve the cake.
Oh, did I mention it needs only 4 ingredients yet? yeah.. only 4 ingredients, one sauce pan, one mixing bowl and a baking pan.. you are set to make this cake.
So, all you need are some good quality chocolate, Olive Oil, eggs and sugar.
For my chocolate, in India – I always buy the Amul Dark Chocolate you can buy it here. It is 55% Cocoa, not too dark and bitter nor is sweet and spoils the chocolate flavour.
Eggs in this recipe gives the body to the cake – like no eggs, no chocolate flourless cake. I have not made a vegan version of this cake. But Alfafa for Egg whites substitution and flax egg for the yolk will most likely work.
Sugar is another major ingredient next to chocolate – you need it while you whisk the egg whites.
Lastly, OLIVE OIL – Making the recipe dairy free, You can use any olive oil you have. I used this brand – Olive Pomace Oil – Amazon Link and guys olive oil gives such a nice flavor in this torte, is the best if you are looking a dairy free option. Check out my other flourless chocolate cake recipe here.
How to make the flourless chocolate olive oil torte??
So to make the cake, slightly warm the olive oil on a very low flame on a sauce pan. Switch off the flame, add the chocolate. Close the lid while you whisk the eggs.
While the oil choco is resting[Melting], separate the eggs, in a mixer/mixing bowl, add the egg whites, vanilla, sugar and a pinch of salt and whisk until soft, yet stiff peaks are formed.
Back to the olive oil choco mix, whisk the now melted chocolate. Add the yolks and mix well. Then, carefully fold the egg whites, without knocking out the air much.
Transfer the mix to a prepared springform pan and bake at 170 degrees Celsius for 45-55 minutes.
There you have the best, gluten free, easiest but fudgiest chocolate cake and you don’t even need any flour!! Ready for the recipe now? Check it out..
Flourless Chocolate Olive Oil Torte || Flourless Chocolate cake
- Stand Mixer with Whisk attachment or hand whisk
- 150 Grams Dark Chocolate Good Quality over 60% dark
- 1 Cup [110 Grams] Granulated Sugar
- 1 Cup 100ml Olive Oil
- 3 Eggs Separated
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Cocoa Powder To dust the pan and the top of the cake while serving
- Whipped Cream or ice cream to serve
- In a sauce pan warm the olive oil. Do not boil or over heat. Take off the heat.
- Add the chopped chocolate into the oil and close the sauce pan with a lid. Let it rest and melt.
- In a mixing bowl add the egg whites, vanilla extract and the salt. Whisk until frothy.
- Slowly add the sugar to the egg whites and continue whisking until they are shiny and forms stiff peaks.
- Back to the sauce pan, whisk the now melted chocolate until smooth.
- Add the egg yolks and mix well.
- Add a little of the whipped/whisked egg whites to the chocolate oil yolk mixture and mix well.
- Add the rest of the whisked egg whites and using a spatula fold that into the chocolate mixture without knocking out the air too much.
- The torte batter is ready.
- Pour the mixture into a greased, lined round tin[8 or 9 inch spring form].
- Bake in a preheated 170 degrees Celsius oven for 45-55 minutes until you see the cake risen and is cooked through.
- Dust the cake slightly with cocoa powder.
- Serve warm with cream or ice cream.
- Use good quality olive oil for this cake.
- Do not burn or over heat the oil when you melt the chocolate.
- Use stand mixer to whisk egg whites if possible. Quick and simple.
- Bake up to 55 minutes until you see the cake cooked through. Check after 35 minutes for done-ness.