Simple Homemade Pumpkin Puree - Directions to make a very simple homemade pumpkin puree which…
Pumpkin Pistachios Scones with Cinnamon Glaze
Hey all.. I’m back with another fall recipe and this time all your favorite flavors in one fantastic scone recipe. These pumpkin pistachio scones with cinnamon glaze are just so soft, crispy on the edges, loaded with pumpkin and pistachios. Sorry to use the word, but these are utterly moist and perfect for fall brunches and breakfast.
And the special mention to the simplest of the glaze – Cinnamon Glaze. Perfect combination for these scones and whatever you do, do not skip the pistachios. Those are the key in these scones.
Making these pumpkin pistachios scones with cinnamon glaze is so simple – All you need is a large bowl or better, a food processor. Mix them all, form a disc and cut into wedges, give a cream wash and bake. Glaze… Enjoy!!
Check out the recipe below –
Pumpkin Pistachios Scones with Cinnamon GlazeCourse: Quick and EasyCuisine: American, EnglishDifficulty: Easy
A delicious simple recipe of fluffy moist Pumpkin Pistachios Scones with Cinnamon Glaze that are perfect for celebrating brunch parties specially in the season of fall.
- For the Scones
All Purpose Flour – 200 Grams [1 3/4 Cups]
Dark Brown Sugar – 50 Grams [1/2 Cup]
Baking Powder – 1 tsp
Salt – 3/4 tsp
Ground Cinnamon – 1/2 tsp
Cold Unsalted Butter – 90 Grams [3/4 Cup – Cubed or Grated]
Pumpkin Puree – 100 Grams [1 Cup]
Heavy Cream – 75 ml [Approx 1/2 Cup]
- For the Glaze
Icing Sugar – 1/2 Cup [75 Grams]
Milk – 2 tsp
Ground Cinnamon – 1/2 tsp
- Make the Scones
- Mix together the pumpkin puree and the heavy cream in a bowl or a pouring jug. Keep it aside.
- In a large mixing bowl or a food processor bowl add the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and ground cinnamon. Mix well or pulse until combined in a food processor.
- Add the unsalted butter and rub it with the flour mixture until the mixture is crumbly.
- Add the pumpkin and heavy cream mixture to the flour mixture. You won’t need all. Leave some of the pumpkin cream to give the scones a cream wash.
- Mix all together just until combined.
- In a floured surface put all the dough and form a thick disc of about 8 inches.
- Cut into 8 equal sized wedges using a floured knife.
- Separate them in lined baking tray – the scones will expand on baking. So leave enough space to ensure they are not sticking with each other.
- Brush the tops with the leftover pumpkin and heavy cream mixture.
- Bake in a 190 degrees preheated oven for 30-35 minutes until the top is golden brown.
- Let them cool slightly.
- Glaze liberally as you like and Enjoy.
- Make the Glaze
- Mix together the icing sugar, cinnamon and the milk until a thick glaze is formed.
1 thought on “Pumpkin Pistachios Scones with Cinnamon Glaze”