Chocolate Orange Cake
While chocolates by themselves made into dessert, they are delicious and fudgy. But a flavour combination is what makes the dish successful.
There are many successful flavour combinations available and chocolate orange is one amazing combination.
Both have got it’s own awesome flavour, depth and complexity and individual tastes. And you can make a fudgy chewy chocolate brownie or cake. And zest the oranges, juice them and make a wonderful orange pound or chiffon cake.
Or, be the best and make this super cool chocolate orange cake that is super moist, fluffy and spongy, soft. Well suited for afternoon tea or, well yes, for always.
Try this out and post back comments…
Dark chocolate – 100gms
Unsalted Butter – 100gms
Granulated sugar – 100 cms
Eggs – 3
Flour of your choice – 1 1/2 cups. I used oatmeal.
Baking powder – 1tsp
Salt – 1/2 tsp
Orange – 2 large, zested and juiced
- Melt the butter and chocolate in a double boiler or in microwave.
- When completely melted and mixed into a silky consistency, add the sugar, eggs and mix well.
- Add the orange juice and zest.
- Add the flour, baking powder and salt. Mix well.
- Bake in a prepared nine inch round tin in a preheated oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 45 – 50 minutes
- Let it cook. Dust liberally with icing sugar and slice into thick wedges.
Easy? Try it..