Hi, Long time no see - Fully caught up with work and family, I nowadays…
Easy Lemon Blueberry Cake
Not the first time I say I don’t have time to write. I always look for apps where I can write and my handwriting gets converted into text. Sometimes I am super lazy where all I want to see is result.
For the next time my lazy brain thinks of something which is super easy like my current app speech to text.
Yes guys, I am now talking and like magic the words appear in the screen. Super cool, huh?
Well, the lazy me got some lemons, thanks to a friend who brought them from his native place.
It’s always when life gives you lemon, squeeze and get the best of it.. I did the same.
In addition I zested them too… 🤣 going crazy guys…!!
So with these awesome lemon, I added some frozen blueberries I wanted to use up and made this equally awesome buttery, tangy, juicy lemon Blueberry cake.
It is super simple, all you need is a bowl fitted with a beater in your stand mixer or a regular bowl and a wooden spoon.
I made the cake in a regular round pan to ensure the Frozen berries which I threw in the bottom got all juicy and form a crust. And oh.. Don’t forget to line your pan.
The recipe is super simple, all you need is a handful of major ingredients.
Butter 200 grams
Sugar 200 grams
Flour – one and a half cups
Baking powder – 1 teaspoon
Salt – half a teaspoon
zest and juice of 2 large lemons
Frozen blueberries – one and a half cups
1. Beat together butter and sugar until fluffy.
2. Add eggs one at a time and mix.
3. Add flour, baking powder, salt, lemon juice and zest and Beat.
4. Add half a cup of blueberries and fold in without over mixing.
5. Now, prepare your pan. Grease well with an oil sprayer and line the bottom carefully.
6. Spread the remaining blueberries in a single layer and pour the cake batter on top of it.
7. Bake in a preheated oven of 180°C for 50 minutes and…. Let it cool in the pan.
8. Once cooled fully, turn it upside down on a sugar sprinkled plate and remove the lined paper.
One of the yummiest cakes, all natural and looks awesome. A stunner actually, with its vibrant colours, a must try for you all. Enjoy…