A perfect, delicious and simple crepes recipe - Thin french pancakes made with batter made…
Simple Grape Jelly with Balsamic Vinegar
Ever wondered about making grape jelly at home? I always did and not just that I wanted to make one jar at a time, that I can use for a week or so only without going over the hassle of canning the jelly. So this simple grape jelly with balsamic vinegar recipe is so simple, you can make just for yourself, no canning process explained but for you to make your own grape jelly and enjoy it easily.
Now that we have scraped off the canning process as it is not for me and I’m all about give me some jelly for the morning type, coming back to the recipe, it is so so simple to make.
How to make this simple grape jelly with balsamic vinegar!?
All you need is a simple sauce pan, seeds and skin strainer, a candy thermometer if you have it, and clean jar to store the jam. That is all about the equipment you need to make this grape jelly. If no thermometer, no worries. Read about the jam test – put a plate in the freezer and if you pour a drop of the boiling jelly in it and run your finger through it, it should wrinkle and set! That is simple right?
Ingredients to make is another simplicity – Grapes, sugar and lemon. But what makes these grapes more addictive is the BALSAMIC VINEGAR. Just a splash of it, you get the best of the grape jelly ever, right in your kitchen.
Now that we have seen about the 4 ingredients and the equipment needed, the next step is to get cooking the jelly.
First you need to cook the grapes alone, get it all mushy and strain the seeds, skins away. Then with the grape puree, or sauce you may call it add the lemon and the sugar and the key ingredient, the balsamic vinegar. Mix it all, cook until the temperature is about 205 degrees Celsius. It will slightly thicken on cooking, but after 10 mins on stove if no thermometer, start doing the jam test.
Once the boiling juice reaches the mentioned temperature, pour it in a clean jar. Let it cool and set overnight. You have the grape jelly for your breakfast!! Cool right?
Check out the recipe below –
Simple Grape Jelly with Balsamic VinegarCourse: Quick and EasyCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
Simple homemade grape jelly with balsamic vinegar recipe that is just enough to make a jar full of jelly with no canning processes.
Red Seeded Grapes – 500 Gms
White Granulated Sugar – 200 Gms
Lemon Juice – 1 tsp [From half a lemon]
Balsamic Vinegar – 2 tsp
- In a clean sauce pan, add the washed grapes.
- Cook for 5-6 minutes, use a potato masher or any heavy spoon to mash the grapes while it cooks until it is mushy.
- In a large bowl fitted with the strainer, strain the cooked grapes and leave it to drip all the juice for an hour. If in a hurry, just like me, press down until you get the pureed grapes.
- Back in a sauce pan, to the grape puree add the sugar, lemon juice and balsamic vinegar.
- Cook the mixture for 10 minutes in medium flame, it will boil and bubble.
- Get your thermometer to check if the boiling mixture has reached 205 degrees Celsius or do the jam test.
- Once the desired temperature is reached, switch off the flame.
- Pour the hot mixture[quite runny, don’t worry it will set] into a clear jar.
- Let it cool and set for 6-24 hours.
- Use with your breads and any recipe you like them with.