There are a few combinations of ingredients, that cannot be rivaled in their chemistry of taste, color and the saying match made in heaven will make sense.
Mango & Blackberry are one such combination for me. Using the ingredients, I know there are no major testing needed except to balance the sweetness.
The tart blackberries and the sweet mango are naturally balanced combination that can be used in a variety of dishes. My favorite way to use them is in a crumbly buttery galette.
My love for galette is legendary because – Who cares about the shape and size the good is super delicious and yummy!! I always loved them because they are versatile, can be filled and loaded with just about anything you have and can be served informally, perfect for a family brunch.
Also, one thing I love so much about fruit galettes are they will be served with icecream!!! There is no other serving option, so don’t think about it.
Get a pint of vanilla icecream from your grocer and store if before you make the galette.
This recipe, I have a couple of times and like I said before, there are few combinations in the kitchen need not be tested repeatedly before you share to all. That’s exactly it is. I know this is easy to assemble and bake and serve. What more do the family and friends can ask for!
Going into the recipe, The tart base is from my freezer – you can use a rolled out store bought pie pastry sheets or make one by using flour, cold butter cubes, powdered sugar and a little ice cold water and a pinch of salt. Chill and roll.
The filling is only three ingredients – Mango, Blackberry Jam and some fresh or frozen blackberries. Very simple.
Check out the recipe and the pics, get tempted and go bake your galette –
Easy Gluten-Free Mango Blackberry Galette
- Food processor – Optional to make the crust dough
To Make the Crust
- 175 Grams Gluten Free Flour – Using Bob's mill GF Mix Substitute with AP, Whole wheat etc.,
- 120 Grams Unsalted Butter
- 75 Grams Powdered Sugar Use Icing Sugar if you have.
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2-3 tbsp Cold Water
For the Galette Filling
- 3 tbsp Blackberry Jam Using Bonne Maman – Best outside homemade.
- 200 Grams Cubed Mango Fresh, peeled and cut into large chunks
- Handful of Fresh or Frozen Blackberries
- Vanilla Ice cream
Make the crust
- In a large mixing bowl or a food processor add the flour, powdered sugar, unsalted butter and salt.
- Pulse the food processor until the butter is crumbly mixed with the flour. OR Rub the butter with your fingers to get the crumb if doing with hands.
- Add a tablespoon of water and pulse again – just until the dough come together. DO NOT OVER WORK.
- Add a little more water only if needed.
- Make the dough into a disk and wrap it in parchment paper or a cling film. Chill it for 15-30 minutes.
- Once chilled, roll the dough in between two parchment sheets into a 9 inch circle.
- The base is ready.
Make the Galette
- In the crust base rolled out, spread the blackberry jam on the base leaving about an inch border.
- Arrange the mango cubes.
- Add the blackberries.
- Now fold the borders of the galette carefully inwards so it forms a structured container for the fruits.
- It doesn't have to be perfect.
- Bake in a preheated oven of 180 degrees Celsius for 35-40 minutes.
- Serve warm with Ice cream.
- Replace blackberries with any berry you have.
- The shape doesn’t have to be perfect.
- The base will be crumbly when you fold in, but will be delicious. So do not skip the butter.
- DO NOT MAKE if you do not have ice cream!!
Check out my Instagram profile @Fhareena for more recipes and photos.