Gluten-Free Healthy Blueberry Almond Galette
Gluten free, Lemony, loaded with fresh blueberries and some blueberry jam, My MILLETS ALMOND BLUEBERRY GALETTE is delicious in every bite and so flaky and buttery it will melt in your mouth.
My love for anything in the form of these formless galette is legendary and I constantly try to develop galette recipes, that are good and healthy. This recipe is one such find. Check it out..
The galette has blueberry jam spread on its base, juicy fresh blueberries strewn over them and crunchy almonds and zesty lemon sprinkled on top to finish it off.
Do you know millet flour is gluten-free, healthy and good for digestion? Combined with this irresistible flavor of lemon and blueberries, I’m sure this galette is super healthy.
Gluten-Free Healthy Blueberry Almond GaletteCourse: Dessert, Breakfast, SweetsCuisine: French, American, FusionDifficulty: Medium
Easy millet and almond gluten free, antioxidant rich blueberry Galette.
Almond flour -1/2 cup
Finger millet meal/Ragi flour – 1/2 cup
Cold unsalted butter, cubed – 2/3 cup
Salt – a large pinch
Egg – 1
Blueberry Jam – 2tbsp
Fresh blueberries – 1 cup
Lemon zest – 1tsp
Sliced almonds – 1/4 cup
Brown sugar – 1tbsp
- Blitz the flours, salt, sugar in a food processor. Add the butter and process until crumbly.
- Add the egg and pulse until the crust base come together. If needed add a teaspoon of cold water. I didn’t need.
- Between two pastry sheets, roll the dough into 9 inch round.
- Spread the jam in the base leaving out the margin to fold in.
- Arrange the blueberries.
- Now fold the edges in forming the galette.
- Sprinkle the lemon zest.
- Brush the jam on the folded edges and sprinkle the almond slices.
- Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 27-32 minutes.
- Cool and slice. Enjoy
- Use regular AP flour base also for the recipe, if you cannot find millet flour.
Check out my Instagram profile @Fhareena for more recipes and photos.