Sweet potato coconut balls.. Three ingredients, 15mins. A healthy, delicious breakfast or snack. Start with…
Easy Strawberry Coconut Galette
Ever walked down the grocery stores aisle and finding rare ingredients that later leave you obsessed with them? And the obsession won’t go away until you bake them into perfection?
This recipe is one such find. When I was shopping[Read grocery shopping] one day, came across these delicious CINNAMON COCONUT CHIPS. There, that is the beginning of the obsession of my coconut chips. I have used the yummy, healthy baked coconut chips with a cinnamon flavor in my breakfast yogurt, granola and recently in my galettes as well.
This is one such baking recipe, a very simple 5 ingredients STRAWBERRY COCONUT GALETTE found to feed my coconut obsession.
It’s crispy, delicious, toasty, filling and the list goes on..
So if you have a soled pie crust lying somewhere in the depths of your freezer, it’s time now to pull it out and get started on this galette. I do like pie, but galettes are more to my taste. Easy to make and bake and can very well serve as breakfast, so full looking for toppings to fill them in. A few ingredients is totally cool and the outcome will be overall satisfactory.
Easy Strawberry Coconut GaletteCourse: Cakes & Bakes, Desserts, Easy recipes, Fruit Bakes, Galettes, Quick and Easy, Tips and BasicsCuisine: American, FrenchDifficulty: Easy
Rolled out pie crust – 1 sheet[All butter, homemade is super flaky and delicious. But whatever you have is cool] & rolled about 10 inch wide
Any berry jam – 1 cup [ I am using blackberry jam in this recipe]
Hulled and quartered strawberries – 1 cup
Cinnamon coconut chips/or any coconut sliced as chips are fine – 1 cup
Sugar to sprinkle on the outer crust – 1 tsp
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
- On the rolled pie sheet[I roll between two baking papers to help ease the folding of the galette corners, spread the blackberry jam leaving out about an inch of outside border.
- Place the strawberries on top of jab.
- Sprinkle/spread the coconut chips.
- Sprinkle the castor sugar on the crust.
- Now, the only tricky part, folding the galette edges. But all you need is to use the baking paper at the bottom and fold that 1 inch inwards and leave it. Then continue till all edges are closed. No worries about the uneven from, but galette itself is a free form tart. So, put the tart in the oven and bake for about 35-40 minutes.
- Let it cool slightly before serving with ice cream. Enjoy…