Moong Beans Sundal
Here’s a simple Moong Beans Sundal recipe along with some of the health benefits of moong beans:
**Moong Beans Sundal Recipe**
– 1 cup whole moong beans
– 2 tablespoons grated coconut
– 1-2 green chilies, chopped
– 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
– 1 teaspoon urad dal (black gram)
– A pinch of asafoetida (hing)
– Curry leaves for flavor
– Salt to taste
– 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
– Fresh coriander leaves for garnish
1. Rinse the moong beans thoroughly and soak them in water for about 4-6 hours or overnight. Drain the water.
2. Pressure cook the moong beans with enough water for about 2-3 whistles or until they are soft and cooked but not mushy. Drain any excess water.
3. In a pan, heat oil and add mustard seeds. Allow them to splutter.
4. Add urad dal, green chilies, and curry leaves. Sauté until the urad dal turns golden brown.
5. Add cooked moong beans, asafoetida, and salt. Mix well and sauté for a few minutes.
6. Finally, add grated coconut and mix until well combined. Cook for another 2-3 minutes.
7. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve hot.
**Health Benefits of Moong Beans:**
– Rich in protein: Moong beans are an excellent source of plant-based protein, making them a great choice for vegetarians and vegans.
– Low in fat: They are low in fat and high in fiber, which can aid in weight management and promote heart health.
– Rich in vitamins and minerals: Moong beans are packed with vitamins and minerals like folate, iron, magnesium, and potassium, which are essential for overall health.
– Antioxidant properties: They contain antioxidants that help protect cells from damage caused by free radicals.
– Digestive benefits: Moong beans are easy to digest and can help alleviate digestive issues.
Enjoy your nutritious and delicious Moong Beans Sundal!
Check out my Instagram profile and highlights for more pics and recipes – @Fhareena #parveenskitchen #foodblogger