A super simple breakfast Bread Omelette Recipe which is a sandwich of bread slices with…
Breakfast Bread Scramble/Bread Egg Upma
Bored with toast & eggs everyday and want to try something new? Here we have it.. Breakfast Bread Scramble.
This recipe is essentially cooking spiced eggs and veggies coating the bread chunks giving it an appearance of egg scramble, but it really is bread scramble.
How to make Breakfast Bread Scramble?
It is a very simple recipe, you can make it just so you can eat from a bowl or plate instead of taking the toast in hands and eating. Add your favorite bits of veggies and make this your comfort breakfast.
Use any vegetable you have. I generally use onions, capsicum and coriander leaves. You can use carrots, even beetroots if you like. But all the veggies will have to be chopped finely.
I generally use my chopper, add all the washed chunks of veggies, eggs and the spices and chop them all together. So simple.
The spice here I mention here means a little red chilli and turmeric powder. No cooking eggs in dishes like this without turmeric powder. Also some salt and pepper.
Serve this with ketchup or just plain. Just delicious..
Check out the recipe below.
Breakfast Bread Scramble || Bread Egg Upma
- 7-8 Slices Bread Tear/cut into chunks, toast if required optionally.
- 1 Large Onion Finely Chopped
- 3-4 Sprigs Fresh Coriander Leaves Finely Chopped
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Crushed Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tbsp Oil I use Olive oil
- 1/2 Lemon Optional.
- Toast the bread if you like crunchy scramble. Skip this step if not needed.
- Keep the bread chunks in a bowl.
- In a bowl add the eggs, onion, coriander leaves, salt, pepper, turmeric and red chilli powder. Whisk well.
- Pour the mixture on the bread chunks and mix well. Let the egg and bread mix sit for 5-10 minutes.
- In a pan, heat oil. Add the egg and bread mix and cook on high flame for 2-3 minutes until the eggs are cooked and the bread chunks looks coated with eggs.
- Sprinkle coriander leaves, lemon if needed.
- Serve HOT with ketchup.