Making Brownies are the easiest of the baking attempts, if any of you have been recently trying your hands on baking.
Brownies are easy to make, needs only a handful of major ingredients, looks nice, tastes delicious and when the results are good – It will feel like you have won the lottery of the baking contests.
Yes making chewy and fudge-y brownies is just so simple and today I’m going to give out my recipe for these beautiful dark bars of chocolate goodness.
The recipe calls for brown butter, for that intense nutty flavor. Butter butter makes everything better – This should be the new trademark for all those use butter for baking. The brown butter totally elevates the taste of any bake you’ll do and trust me, once you experience the nutty goodness in every bite you will not think about anything else.
The after taste of using the brown butter is also amazing, and making your own brown butter is so simple. All you need is to take the quantity if butter the recipe calls for and put it in a thick bottomed sauce pan – let it melt and then cook in low flame until the yellow butter changes into nutty brown, you know like the skin of an almond. Turn off the flame and let it cool. Then use in any recipe as needed. Like brown butter chocolate chip cookies, blondies etc.,
Or, you let the heat from the browned butter to melt the chocolate directly as I do for my brownies, so you do not have to use a double boiler or a microwave to melt the chocolate. All in the same sauce pan! Easy..
And what makes these brownies so fudge-y with a crispy top is the addition on whisked eggs, you know don’t simply crack the eggs directly into the mixing bowl or a sauce pan but using a separate bowl and put some effort to whisk the eggs until they are frothy. This is key. You can add nutella, or any chocolate spread at this stage of whisking the eggs which really helps with the fudge factor.
Bake time is a bit higher for this recipe so we get a chewy and a little crispy edges. But you keep an eye after 30 mins and take it out as per your preference.
Check out the recipe below –
Best Ever Fudge-y Brown Butter Brownies
- Sauce pan
- Mixing bowls
- Hand whisk
- 150 Grams Dark Chocolate At least 60% dark
- 3/4 Cups Unsalted Butter Check notes to Brown the butter and use for the recipe
- 110 Grams Castor Sugar
- 3 Large Eggs
- 2/3 Cups Flour AP is fine or any gluten free blend will also work
- 3 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 3 tbsp Nutella Or any Chocolate spread
- 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Vanilla
- 1/2 Cup Chocolate chunks or chips or nuts
- Make the brown butter – melt the butter in a sauce pan and reduce the flame into low and let it brown. Take it off the heat.
- Add the chocolate and let it sit for a minute. Whisk well until smooth.
- Add the sugar and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, crack open the eggs and whisk until frothy.
- Add the nutella to the eggs. Whisk again until it is fully incorporated and frothy.
- Add the egg mixture to the chocolate butter mix and combine it all.
- Add the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Mix just until combined and the brownie batter is smooth and shiny.
- Add the optional ingredients and mix them through, if using.
- Pour the batter in a greased square pan and bake in a 180 degrees Celsius preheated oven.
- Bake for 45 -50 minutes. Let it cool slightly before cutting them into 9 equal sized bars.
- Make the brown butter for the most flavorful brownies – Just let the butter melt and cook in a low flame until the butter is brown in colour.
- Do not forget the whisking of the eggs. That is key for the shiny top, crispy edges and chewy brownies.
Check out my Instagram profile @Fhareena for more recipes and photos.