A super delicious mouth watering traditional homemade lemon pickle that is so easy to make…
Simply Delicious Lemon Bars
Simply delicious lemon bars – Denotes the summery sunny days and evenings where you can snack on these beautiful tangy gooey lemon goodness topped in a crumbly buttery shortbread base.
All you need are some gorgeous lemons and you need to the basic pantry ingredients like sugar, flour, butter and eggs. You have them.. bright and sunny looking lemon bars.
These delicious bars need two visits to the oven.
- One for the crust
- One back again with the filling on the crust.
While making the lemon bars, you must always ensure you use both zest and lemon juice, so you get the maximum flavor. But no pith, careful while you zest the lemons. Your lemon bars will quickly become bitter.
These beauties can stay in refrigerator or freezer for you to indulge on for later.
And oh, do not forget the icing sugar dusting!! Love it… Recipe is below.
Simply Delicious Lemon BarsCourse: Quick and Easy
A super delicious, tangy lemon bars recipe with shortbread crust, tangy zesty lemon filling and a generous dusting of icing sugar
- FOR THE CRUST
1-3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup icing sugar, plus more to decorate after baking
1 cup cold unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- FOR THE LEMON TOPPING
3 large eggs
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 tablespoons lemon zest
2/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice, from 3 to 4 lemons
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- MAKE THE CRUST
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Place the flour, salt and icing sugar in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the blade attachment and mix for a few seconds.
- Add the butter and mix to blend until the mixture is crumbly, 10 to 15 seconds.
- Spread the mixture into the prepared pan and press firmly with your fingers into an even layer.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes or freeze for 15 minutes.
- Bake the crust until lightly golden, 15 to 20 minutes.
- MAKE THE FILLING
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest, and flour until smooth.
- When the crust is ready, give lemon mixture a quick final stir and then pour over top.
- Immediately return the pan to the oven and bake another 30 to 35 minutes, or until the topping is set and firm.
- Let the bars cool on a rack to room temperature.
- Cut carefully with a sharp knife into square bars.
- Use a fine sieve to dust the squares with icing sugar.
- Store the lemon squared in a closed container in the fridge for up to 4 days. Serve chilled or room temperature.