Homemade Guacamole Recipe
Guacamole is a delicious and popular Mexican dip made primarily from avocados. It’s creamy, flavorful, and incredibly easy to make at home. Here’s a simple and tasty homemade guacamole recipe:
– 3 ripe avocados
– 1 small red onion, finely diced
– 2 ripe tomatoes, diced
– 1-2 cloves of garlic, minced
– 1-2 jalapeño peppers or Green Chili, finely chopped (seeds and veins removed for milder guacamole)
– 1 lime, juiced
– 1/4 cup fresh coriander leaves, chopped
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. Cut and scoop the avocados: Cut the avocados in half and remove the pits. Using a spoon, scoop out the flesh and place it in a mixing bowl.
2. Mash the avocados: Using a fork, mash the avocado until you achieve your desired level of creaminess. Some people prefer chunky guacamole, while others like it smooth. You can adjust the texture to your liking.
3. Add the lime juice: Squeeze the juice of one lime over the mashed avocado. The lime not only adds a zesty flavor but also helps prevent the avocados from turning brown.
4. Mix in the diced vegetables: Add the finely diced red onion, tomatoes, minced garlic, and chopped jalapeño peppers to the bowl with the mashed avocado.
5. Season with coriander leaves, salt, and pepper: Toss in the chopped fresh coriander and add salt and pepper to taste. The coriander adds a refreshing herbal note to the guacamole, while the salt and pepper enhance the overall flavor.
6. Combine and adjust: Gently mix all the ingredients until well combined. Taste the guacamole and adjust the seasoning or lime juice if needed, based on your preference.
7. Serve and enjoy: Transfer the guacamole to a serving bowl and garnish with a few coriander leaves or a slice of lime. Guacamole is best enjoyed fresh, so serve it immediately with tortilla chips or as a condiment for tacos, burritos, or fajitas.
– If you prefer a milder guacamole, you can remove the seeds and veins from the jalapeño peppers before chopping them.
– Make sure the avocados are ripe but not overripe for the best texture and flavor. Ripe avocados should give slightly when gently squeezed.
– To store leftover guacamole, press plastic wrap directly onto the surface to minimize air exposure and refrigerate. It’s best consumed within a day since avocados can quickly oxidize and turn brown.
Now you have a fantastic homemade guacamole recipe that’s sure to be a hit at any gathering or as a delicious snack at home. Enjoy!
Check out my Instagram profile and highlights for more pics and recipes – @Fhareena #parveenskitchen #foodblogger