After an amazing weekend, and to get ready to go office I wanted to try…
Best Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever
After an amazing weekend, and to get back to office work week, I always need an incentive. What’s the best incentive than a sweet treat to get by the week!!! Cookies are always on the top of my list, bake, store in a tin, eat whenever you need a sweet bonus for doing all the work.
Especially my BEST EVER CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES. These cookies are an absolute joy to make eat, share and repeat.
Yes, this is my go to recipe whenever we want the cookies. Cookies, by default here mean chocolate chip cookies. There are many varieties available and made, but nothing beats these cookies dunked in a tumbler of cold milk. Agreed?
Looking at the pics here, if you by chance wonder where are the chips, I must say – CHOCOLATE CHUNKS ARE THE NEW CHOCOLATE CHIPS!!
The melted puddle of chocolate with the sea salt sprinkled on top, is so good and the goodness need another post page to be written about!! The reason why one must try to pick up a warm cookie right out of the oven or warm it for 10 seconds in microwave whenever you need a quick cookie fix.
Sprinkle the cookies once they are ready to serve[That is right after they are out of oven] with pink Himalayan salt. Breaks the sweet wonderfully and gives the feeling that will not let you stop with just one cookie.
The recipe is classic – has unsalted butter, has an egg, has a mixture of dark brown sugar and caster sugar, flavored with Vanilla, has regular flour and baking soda.
There is no substituting of ingredients at times and the time for baking these best ever chocolate chip cookies is definitely NOT the time to substitute any of the ingredients.
So the recipe is not gluten-free, not dairy-free but JUST PERFECT. Check my recipe notes for more tips.
And looking at the photographs here, if you wonder how I got them all perfectly round in shape, I used my small mechanical ice cream scoop. Perfect and even size, always.
Do not forget to leave enough space for the cookies to spread and bake – you don’t want to overcrowd the baking sheet and end up with a flat messy single cookie in the place of 4 beautiful round cookies.
I used my KitchenAid stand mixer to make the cookie dough, but use a food processor or a wooden spoon and a bowl – whichever is available and convenient for your use.
Scroll down to see step by step pics and also the recipe notes for more tips!!
Ready for these wonderfully soft and chewy and divine chocolate chip cookie recipe?
Best Ever Chocolate Chip CookiesParveen’s Kitchen
- Optional – Stand Mixer or Food processor or a Hand Mixer.
- 90 Grams Unsalted Butter At room temperature
- 50 Grams Granulated Sugar
- 70 Grams Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 175 Grams All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chunks Divided – so you can add more on top before baking.
- In a mixing bowl, add the butter and the sugars. Beat together until soft and creamy.
- Add the egg and the vanilla extract. Beat well.
- Add the flour, baking soda and the salt. Combine them all together.
- Add half of the chocolate chip into the dough and fold them in.
- Cover the bowl and chill.
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees Celsius while the dough is chilling.
- In a cool baking sheet, do not reuse the same hot sheet continuously for baking the cookies – scoop the chilled dough with at least 2 inches space in all directions using an ice cream scoop or a tablespoon.
- Place more chocolate chunks on each of the cookie.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Sprinkle sea salt while the cookies are hot out of the oven.
- Enjoy warm with a glass of cold milk.
- Chill the dough before baking. The cookie spreads on baking, cold dough limits the spreading to a certain level and also helps develop flavor in the cookies.
- Leave at least 2 inches space when you bake, so the cookies stay in shape and also spread evenly.
- Always bake cookies in a room temperature baking tray or sheet. Hot trays spreads the dough early resulting in flat cookies.
- Use room temperature chocolate- melts in to puddles nicely and stay warm for a longer time.
- Use an ice cream scoop to shape the dough – they are cool and easy to use resulting in even shaped cookies.
- Easy Chocolate chip cookies
- Easy Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins
Recipe of simple, delicious chocolate chip Banana muffins loaded with gooey chocolate chips; Made in…