Easy Chocolate chip cookies
After an amazing weekend, and to get ready to go office I wanted to try out the most common yet very satisfying recipe of my chocolate chip cookies. These cookies are absolute joy to make eat, share and repeat.
Yes, this is my go to recipe whenever we want the cookies. Cookies, by default here mean Double chocolate chip cookies. There are many varieties available and made, but nothing beats these cookies dunked in a tumbler of cold milk. Agreed?
I used my stand mixer for this, but a food processor or even a hand whisk with a bowl is fine too. Always failproof.
And what’s special about my recipe? I add a teaspoon of cocoa powder and sprinkle the cookies once they are ready to serve[That is right after they are out of oven] with pink Himalayan salt. Breaks the sweet wonderfully and gives the feeling that will not let you stop with just one cookie.
And the chocolate chips, who can forget. In my recipe i have used semi-sweet chocolate chips and dark & white[Yes, they come in deliciously with both the Choco in chips] chocolate chips. Wonderfully soft and chewy at the same time, this is an easy recipe.
Let’s get in to the recipe now –
Easy Chocolate chip cookiesRecipe by FhareenaCourse: Cakes & Bakes, Cookies, Easy recipes, Quick and Easy
Butter – 1 cup
Castor sugar – 3/4 cup
Tightly packed brown sugar – 1 cup
Egg – 1
Flour – 2 cups
Baking Soda – 1 tsp
Vanilla Essence – 1 tsp
Cocoa Powder – 1 tsp
Choco chip – 1 1/2 cups[Or as much you like in any form you like] You can even break a chocolate bar and add as mix-ins.
Sea salt/Himalayan salt flakes as required- 1 tsp Divided
- In a stand mixer bowl with a beater attachment, add the butter and the sugars and start slowly. Let the mixture look creamy, about 5 minutes.
- Add the egg and continue mixing.
- Add all the ingredients except the Choco chips and the divided half of the salt[To use as sprinkle].
- Once mixed well, add the Choco chips. Give a thorough mixing.
- Chill the dough, while you preheat the oven at 180 degrees Celsius.
- Scoop out the dough in two lined baking sheets with at least 4 inches space between each of the cookies and bake for 12-15 minutes. Leave for more time if you want a crunchier cookie. Sprinkle salt flakes while still hot.
- Cool once baked so you can actually take the cookie off the sheet.
Check out my Instagram profile @Fhareena for more recipes and photos.