After an amazing weekend, and to get ready to go office I wanted to try…
Ginger Molasses Cookies
The fall is here and everywhere the bakers are going crazy with their fall recipes. Although in India, we do not specifically celebrate fall season, we do celebrate and appreciate the fall produces and make spicy, warm food.
Today’s recipe is a spicy ginger cookie – Easy to make. Add spice powders to your taste – I am always on the higher side though. I have added ground dry Ginger, Cinnamon and Clove in my recipe. But Nutmeg and a little cardamom powder can very well be added.
Make the cookies as toasty you’d like and again I am on the higher side, I like crispy and chewy cookies. The baking time mentioned in the recipe is for soft cookies though, increase time carefully as required.
Check out the recipe below –
Ginger Molasses CookiesRecipe by FhareenaCourse: Cakes & Bakes, Cookies, Desserts, Easy recipes, Quick and EasyCuisine: American, British, English, FrenchDifficulty: Easy
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons ground ginger
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup Butter, softened
1 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon water
1/4 cup molasses
2 tablespoons white sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Sift together the flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and 1 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, then stir in the water and molasses.
- Gradually stir the sifted ingredients into the molasses mixture. Shape dough into small sized balls, and roll them in the remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar. Place the cookies 2 inches apart in a prepared cookie sheet, and flatten slightly.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
- Easy Chocolate chip cookies
- Saffron Pistachios Shortbread Cookies
A super easy recipe for Shortbread cookies with Saffron flavor and loads of pistachios.