Easy Homemade Oats Almond Milk
Allergens, Doctor’s advice and health concerns or general reasons like no good supply of dairy milk. There are several reasons why someone prefer Non-Dairy milk…
And so many varieties are available too.. Oat milk, almonds milk, cashew milk, rice milk, and the list is big. Can these be made at home?? Of course yes…
Do you think they can be better? Of course yes, again!!
Homemade nut milk or in general any non-dairy milk can easily be made at home.
Homemade non-dairy milk is fresh, tasty, not processed and you know exactly what the ingredients are!! What more do you need.
All you need are a couple of ingredients, a juicer or blender with strainer. I use my cold press juicer, so all I need is a cup of soaked nuts or grains and water.
If you do not have a juicer, use a blender – blend and strain.
You can do a whole lot of varieties too – It is all delicious and yum, you can use them for anything you love just like how you would use regular milk.
Smoothies, sweets, just plain drinking, making savory curries – replace cream with this homemade milk. It will all be good and you know it is homemade, from scratch – The satisfaction of it will be more than using the store shelved carton milk.
Let’s make Oats Almond milk today – So much creamy, so tasty – And nobody will know you are running short of nuts at home. This milk is slightly sweetened with soft pitted dates. So perfect for smoothies or desserts. If you want, cut the dates!! It will be great.
After you extract the milk, don’t you dare throw away the pulp!!
Use the pulp as slightly dried as gluten-free flour for cakes, pancakes, pie bar base, crust and so much more!! Recipe of my Strawberry Jam Bars is coming soon.
We use organic Rolled oats, almonds with skin on and some soft kimia dates soaked overnight or the trick – use hot water and soak for 30 minutes and get to juicing or blending!
Recipe Below –
Oats Almond Milk
- Blender and a strainer/Cheese cloth, preferably
- 1 Cup Rolled Oats About 200 Grams
- 1/4 Cup Almonds
- 4 Pitted Dates
- 1 Pinch Salt Optional
- 500 ml Water Hot water if you are going to flash soak the oats, almonds and the dates
- 800 ml Water To juice or blend
Soak the ingredients
- In a large bowl add the oats, almonds and the dates. Soak with 500 ml of hot water if flash soaking. Or use regular water and soak if soaking overnight.
Extracting the milk
- Add the rest of the water, about 800 ml to the soaked oats and almonds.
- Using a ladle. take equal quantity of soaked grains and nuts with water and add to the juicer. Juice as per instructions. Ensure the pulp is collected in its container.
- If using juicer, blend together all the ingredients with water – strain the milk and separate the pulp.
- Add salt if using and store in a jar or bottle.
- Creamy Oat and Almond milk is ready. Use the milk for smoothies or any dessert or just warm and make some hot chocolate.
- Soak at least for 6 hours in regular water. Use hot water if you want to flash soak the ingredients.
- Using your Juicer to make nut milk is so easy – but the blender option is equally good too.
- On warming the milk will thicken.
- Store in refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- Use the milk for smoothies or any dessert or just warm and make some hot chocolate.
Check out my Instagram profile @Fhareena for more recipes and photos.