3 Ingredients Healthy Pancakes
Most of US look forward to make and enjoy pancakes on the weekends. Not that pancakes are difficult to make. However regular pancakeseems to have a lot of ingredients which you may have in your hand sometimes not always. There are a variety of pancakes available in various parts of theworld.
Going through all of the recipes available in books or in blogs, I gather people around the world in one way or another try to make their food healthy. Can pancakes be made healthy?
There are bleached flour, refined, gluten free, added fibre in the flour in the market. Which one to choose? Always a question, right?
Doing pancakes with regular flour requires baking powder, baking soda, salt, flavouring, fat, a dairy medium like milk or buttermilk and the list goes on..
Does one need all these ingredients to make a good pancake? Yes, of course. Nothing can beat a very good buttermilk pancake. But is it always healthy? I guess no.. And oh, you need to figure out healthy toppings for your pancake as well.
So today’s objective is to make pancakes with a lesser number of ingredients. 3 to be precise..
Yes,3. You read that right..
My recipe today has only three major ingredients and the rest are completely optional. Calorie counting and health conscious bunch of people like me will always have in their hands some bananas, oats and eggs.
Healthy, simple and easy cooking all in one go😍😍
Pancakes are no longer a recipe for weekends. You can make them as and when you like, just like how you make a smoothie, which are all the ingredients you need to make these pancakes. And these pancakes can be simply served with squeeze of honey. In this post, I have given three different choices of toppings but let your imagination run free.
Ingredients – to make 6 pancakes
- Rolled oats – 1 cup
- Ripe bananas – 2
- Eggs- 2
- Vanilla essence and ground cinnamon as per taste, but these are totally optional.
- Topping options as you can see in the pictures are endless.. Greek yoghurt and blueberries, cinnamon and Almonds slices or ever favourite chocolate chips and chocolate sauce.
Method to make
- In a food processor bowl blitz together rolled oats, bananas and the eggs. Add flavouring as mentioned earlier if required. The batter is ready.
- Heat a non stick or your regular pancake pan, spray some coconut oil if you like, again optional, and make your pancakes.
- Top them by picking your favourite toppings or just simply serve with honey.