Most of US look forward to make and enjoy pancakes on the weekends. Not that…
Healthy savoury vegetable pancakes
Yesterday’s show of healthy food thoughts is still sticking to me.. Don’t worry these thoughts do not come often. While my “I should eat healthy, hereafter” thoughts are still there I wanted to post this recipe. Today’s recipe is my healthy vegetables loaded, gluten free savoury pancakes..
It is flourless, the vegetables and the eggs in them will make you feel light and the sense of accomplishment that you have cooked something so simple, healthy and nutritious is the winning factor here.
Also, it is Saturday morning. Pancakes morning, almost Saturday at our home. So along with the oats banana pancakes(that is a recipe for another day) I was making these savoury pancakes.
Lets get on to the preparation method. And there is no elaborate preparation required if you have a chopper processor. Makes the preparation ultimately easy. But one can use the good old chopping board and knives too.., either way it is easy.
Ingredients required – Makes 6
- Onions – 2
- Tomato – 1 small or half of a bigger one
- Capsicum/Green bell pepper- 1/2 deseeded and cleaned
- Coriander leaves – a small bunch
- Salt for taste
- Pepper and cumin(optional)
- Turmeric – a small pinch
- Paprika – 1/2tsp
- Oil to grease the pan
The above vegetables are just for the basic version, you can add cheese, red/yellow peppers, zucchini and so much more to it.. All will be delicious🙂😍
Steps to make savoury pancakes
- This is much simpler, as mentioned before if you have a chopper processor. Just put all the ingredients(Everything except oil) in it and blitz until you see small colourful vegetable pieces, as shown in my pictures below and the eggs look well beaten.
- If you have got no chopper, no worries. Just chop the vegetables, and add the eggs and seasoning and beat well with a whisk..👍
- Heat the pan, spray in some olive oil and pour in the batter. Let it get cooked, when you see golden edges, flip them carefully and let the other side cook too.
- Server hot. These pancakes will be delicious without any sides, but you can serve with mint chutney or tomato ketchup if you like.