While chocolates by themselves made into dessert, they are delicious and fudgy. But a flavour…
Easy Creamy Orange Posset Tart
Posset is generally sweetened cream and acid mixed together and allowed to set. While generally served in a bowl or glass, posset can also work as a filling for your tart shells that involves no fuss in making, baking the filling etc., And the good thing, you need only 4 ingredients to assemble this easy creamy orange posset tart.
Get a baked tart shell that can either be homemade or store bought. Just ensure it is ready to be assembled: baked, cooled.
The first ever time I read about posset is with the Chinese Ginger milk. How acidic ginger sets the milk and gives a pudding like consistency. Later seeing and reading more on that, it can be any acid like lemon juice or orange juice.
All you need is to heat the heavy cream and a sweetener[Generally honey or Sugar] and bring it to a boil. Allow the mixture to boil at least for 2-3 minutes and then take it off the heat. Mix the orange juice and stir well.
Pour the mixture into the tart shell and cool at least for 3-4 hours or overnight. Let it set. Arrange fruits or nuts on top, slice and serve. Super simple, no fuss and very rich and delicious without even doing any hard work.
Check the recipe video here:
Check out the recipe below –
280Easy Creamy Orange Posset TartCourse: Quick and EasyCuisine: French, EnglishDifficulty: Easy
A very simple and delicious easy creamy orange posset tart made with just 4 ingredients is the best dessert for people who cannot bake and need a cool dessert.
Tart Shell[6 inches] – Ready to use – 1
Heavy Cream – 250ml [1 1/2 cups]
Honey – 60 ml[1/4 cup]
Orange Juice – 75ml [Juice from 2 Oranges]
- Optional Toppings
- In a large sauce pan heat the cream and honey together.
- Mix and let it come to boil. Simmer if needed and boil for 2-3 minutes.
- Take the cream mixture off the heat.
- Stir in the orange juice and stir until no bubbles are seen.
- Pour the filling in a tart shell up to the top.
- Carefully put the tart[Support by a plate or tray] in the refrigerator to chill at least for 3-4 hours or overnight.
- To Serve
- Arrange cut fruits or any topping you like on the chilled and set posset tart.
- Slice with a warm knife to get clean cuts.
- Serve and enjoy.