Simple curries like this Potato Capsicum Masala are life savers on a morning filled with…
Potato Capsicum Curry
Back to basics with Ghee Roti and Potato Capsicum curry. Simple, but perfect for Sunday breakfast after days of fever. The curry has crunchy Capsicum, soft cooked potatoes in spices. The aroma from minced garlic and green chillies is everything.
Recipe for the curry below –
Ingredients – serves 4
Olive oil – 2tsp
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
Garlic – 2 cloves, minced
Green Chilli – 1 Minced
Onion – 1 sliced
Potato – 3, peeled and cut into wedges
Salt- 1 tsp
Chilli powder – 3/4 tsp
Coriander powder – 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
Water as needed
Capsicum – 1, cut into cubes
1. In a pressure pan or the instant pot heat oil and add the cumin seeds
2. Add the garlic and green chilli. Saute well
3. Add the potato and the onion. Saute well.
4. Add the slat, turmeric, Chilli and coriander powders.
5. Add water and pressure cook for 5 mins.
6. Release pressure and add the Capsicum, Coriander leaves. Keep the lid closed until served.
7. Serve with hot rotis.
Also in the blog now:
Check out my Instagram profile and highlights for more pics and recipes – @Fhareena #parveenskitchen #foodblogger