Medhu Vadai(Urad Dal/Black lentils Vada)
How many of us make the urad dal Vada at home? Most of the families, as I have noticed buy them at hotels, restaurants or even street stalls. Not that there is anything wrong with it. But there additions of refined flour in some, bad use of oil in some, preservatives in some and the issues for anybody who’s observant will go on..
Making vada in home is much more simpler, easy and the quantity and quality, absolutely satisfying. My version here is one of the simplest you will ever see, that is not time consuming as many think. They may not be perfect in shape, but definitely delicious.
Ingredients – Makes 24
Urad Dal- 1cup
Green chillies- 2
curry leaves and coriander as required
Salt for taste
Oil for frying
- Wash and Soak the lentils for at least one hour
- Load the soaked lentils in a blender jar along with the green chillies -(Trust me, this will make the kids and sometimes adults also who are so picky and finding the chopped chillies while eating unpleasant so very happy… ) and grind it in your mixie or food processor. Note: Yes, no grinder required, but you still get the same fluffy vada. Just add water by little as you grind, few drops at a time. Below is the consistency you are looking for..
3. Add finely chopped onions, curry leaves, coriander and salt. Mix well
4. Fry them carefully in medium flame until they are golden brown and crispy.
5. Serve hot with your favourite chutney.
Black lentils/Urad Dal vada – A very easy, simply satisfying crispy savoury snack that doesn’t have any preservatives. The protien from the lentils is the healthy quotient of these fried South Indian savoury doughnuts.
#medhuvada #lentilsvada #blacklentils #protienpacked #vadai #healthyfood #breakfast #southindianfood #chennaifoodie #foodblogfeed #crispy #savourysnack #indianfood #yummy #simplecooking #foodphotography #instafood #foodism #foodstagram #eeeeeats #goodfood #fhareencooks #parveenskitchen #delicious #onthetable #foodfoodfood #foodie #snack #sweetbreakfast