While chocolates by themselves made into dessert, they are delicious and fudgy. But a flavour…
Chocolate Ricotta Cake with Chocolate Ganache topping
Cheese and chocolate is such a yummy combination when made in cake form. Cream cheeses like quark, ricotta or cream cheeses are generally added in cheesecakes. This recipe for my chocolate ricotta cake is not exactly cheesecake type, it is more of a cakey cake, if it makes sense to you. It is like a dense, chocolate-y, still cheesy moist pound cake that is just perfect for any time and also made in a single layer, so it takes hardly anytime at all to put it together.
As you can see, it is a stunner of a cake if I say so myself and no one will believe that all you need is one bowl to make this cake. The chocolate ganache topping is optional but you really have to add it in your version too if making this take. Gives a beautiful glaze and delicious too. Adding fruits, again, is optional. But in my humble opinion you need a freshy component in a dense chocolate cake like this one. Mostly like a cheese and fruit platter, but in cake form.
Sounds super interesting, does it not? If yes, I have another note also on this cake’s cheese ingredient. It is the HOMEMADE RICOTTA. Yes, the super simple task of heating the milk, adding a little lemon juice and straining the milk solids, adding a little cream optionally so it stays creamy, homemade ricotta is incredibly fresh, delicious and perfect. Not just for this cake, you can use it in all the places where you use creamy ricotta from the stores like in dips, spreads etc.,
So below is why you must make this easy chocolate ricotta cake
- It is a cheese cake, not a cheesecake.
- Super delicious and dense chocolate cake with a simple rich ganache topping.
- The cake batter is made in one bowl!! simple.
- Has homemade ricotta, but you can use store bought too. Check my ricotta tips here
- Add fruits on top, and make it a stunner and also a fruits and cheese platter in cake form.
Check out the recipe below :
Easy Chocolate Ricotta Cake
- 8 inch cake pan
- 100 g Ricotta Homemade or store bought
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 145 g Castor Sugar
- 90 ml Olive oil
- 175 g All Purpose Flour
- 40 g Dutch Processed Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
Topping – For Chocolate Ganache
- 75 ml Heavy Cream
- 100 g Dark Chocolate Chunks
- 1 tbsp Salted Butter
Topping – Fruits & Chocolate
- Strawberries, Grapes or Cherries
- Chocolate Shavings
- In a mixing bowl whisk the ricotta and the eggs until fluffy.
- Add the vanilla extract and combine it all.
- Add the sugar and whisk well until the sugar is combined.
- Add the olive oil and whisk until smooth.
- Add all the dry ingredients – flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Mix until combined.
- It is a dense cake, so the batter will be dense. Don't worry about the thick batter.
- Transfer the batter to a lined and greased round pan.
- Bake at 175 degrees Celsius for 45 to 50 minutes.
- Cool while you make the ganache and cool it.
- In a sauce pan, warm the heavy cream.
- Once very warm, switch off the pan and add the chocolate and whisk until the chocolate is melted.
- Add the butter whisk well. Cover and cool.
Arrange the cake
- Pour the ganache on top of the cake and add the fruits, chocolate shavings on top.
- Slice and enjoy.
Also in the blog now:
Check out my Instagram profile and highlights for more pics and recipes – @Fhareena #parveenskitchen #foodblogger