Easiest Fudge Brownies -This is the only brownie recipe you will ever need, if you're…
Easy Crinkle Top Brownies
Brownies are love. Simple as that. There is nothing like a good piece of brownie to beat any blues or stress. And making a shiny top that is crinkly, a little crispy but super fudgy and chocolate-y is nothing short of a miracle. That is what is this recipe is all about. Easy Crinkle Top brownies.
So, making this miracle happen right in front of your eyes in your oven is some satisfaction that cannot be measured. Which is what you are going to perform by following this recipe.
Make the easy Crinkle top brownies
The recipe is so simple and has four steps.
- Melt the butter and chocolate
- Beat the eggs and sugar until super frothy & light
- Mix the chocolate and eggs
- Add the flour, mix and bake.
Step 1 – Melt the butter and chocolate
There are a lot of ways to melt chocolate – put it on a pan and melt on low flame, microwave or use a double boiler, pour something hot on it etc., My method is mostly pour something hot on it and close the pan and let it stand. So this is what I do always for my brownie recipe. Heat a sauce pan and melt the butter in it completely. Take the pan off the heat and add the chocolate. Close the sauce pan with a lid and let it stand while you whisk the eggs. When you open it after 10 minutes and use a fork, whisk you will get the smoothest of the melted chocolate you ever did. Thank me later!!
Step 2 – Beat the eggs & Sugar
This step is the key that will ensure you get the crinkly top brownies- Without this step you will only get average brownies, that maybe fudgy and gooey, but won’t have that shiny top!!
So use a heavy hand whisk or an electric whisk or beater and whisk the eggs and sugar until it mixture is pale, light and frothy.
Step 3 – Mix the chocolate and the eggs
Pretty simple, combine the egg sugar mixture with the butter chocolate mixture. Mix until you get a uniform mixture.
Step 4 – Add the flour, mix and bake
Now add flour to the eggs chocolate mixture, quickly fold and bake. The flour used here is all purpose flour. You can try gluten free mix if you like and prefer.
Add-on or toppings like chocolate chunks, chocolate chips, nuts, marshmallow, jam or peanut butter is optional. We like them plain and nice in this recipe.
Easy Crinkle Top Brownies
- 150 Grams Dark Chocolate Good Quality, at least 60% dark
- 125 Grams Unsalted Butter
- 4 Large Eggs
- 110 Grams Granulated Sugar 1 cup
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 90 Grams All Purpose Flour Less than a cup
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Melt the butter. Add the chocolate and let it stand until it melts, about 10 mins. Whisk until smooth.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together eggs, vanilla and sugar until light, pale in color and frothy.
- Add the melted chocolate and butter to the eggs. Whisk until combined.
- Add the flour and salt, fold into the batter.
- Pour the batter into a greased square or rectangle pan and bake for 40-45 minutes in a preheated 180 degrees Celsius oven.
- Slice into bars and enjoy
- Melt chocolate gently. Do no overheat or burn.
- Use any flour mix you want. I have tried oat flour, it works really well.
- Use little flour, just to give the batter body. Too much flour will result in cake-y brownies.
- Any additions or toppings can be added after you add flour and mix.