A simple, fudgy, gooey, chewy and the best gluten free, dairy free flourless chocolate olive…
Chocolate Chunk Coconut Oil Skillet Cookie
Skillet cookies are always a comfort food, creates a more familiar setting when shared with the family – Imagine eating from a same skillet, filled with gooey chocolate chunk cookie and melty icecream. Perfect right!!??
Exactly what all of us need in this situation of social distancing, that get closer with the family members. Eating from the same skillet or bowl, sharing the icecream and the cookie together and watch a movie and relax into the night.
Honestly, had a very busy day and by the end of the night like every one else, I wanted comfort and for me it comes in the form of food, and sharing it with my family.
Nothing says cozy and comfortable like eating from the same pan you cook – which is where the skillet comes in. Start baking it while the dinner is served and it will baked, cooled into the comfortable warm gooey mess when you want the dessert.
The prep time is only 10 mins, mixing together all the ingredients. The beauty of using coconut oil is that there is no strong arm needed in whisking the ingredients and definitely no mixer or beater is needed. Only a hand whisk is enough.
And making the dough, I would love for you to let your imagination wild on adding the toppings.
Chocolate chunk is just my favorite – you can try nuts, chocolate chips, funfetti sprinkles, raisins, cut fruits – basically anything you have in your pantry.
Did I mention that chill time is optional? You can make the dough and pop the skillet in the fridge until you are ready to bake and serve or freeze it for the few mins until the oven preheats.
Feel free to substitute coconut oil with butter or shortening. Flour substitute, 100% will work. Go ahead with gluten-free flour, if that is what you love.
Lets jump into the recipe 🙂
Chocolate Chunk Skillet CookieParveen’s Kitchen
- 6" Cast Iron Skillet
- Hand whisk
- 1/4 Cup Coconut oil Replace with melted butter if you like
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar Coconut sugar is good if you like to substitute
- 1 Tablespoon Granulated white sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup AP Flour Any substitute will work.
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 60 grams Dark Chocolate chunks Any topping like raisins, rolled oats, nuts, sprinkles will work
- In a mixing bowl, add the coconut oil and the sugars. Whisk well
- Add the egg and the vanilla extract. Whisk until all are combined
- Add the flour, baking soda and salt. Mix well to combine
- Add half of the chocolate chunks to the dough and mix well
- Empty the mixture into a greased iron skillet
- Place the remaining chocolates on the dough and so you gooey chocolate in every bite
- Bake for 14 – 16 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius
- Let it cool and then serve warm with Vanilla Icecream
- No stand mixer is needed
- Flour substitution is totally possible – Feel free to use any flour you have.
- Chill time is optional – freeze for a quick 5 minutes while the oven preheats or pop the dough skillet in the fridge until you are ready to bake.
- Ice Cream is a must to SERVE!
- Chocolate Olive Oil Torte || Flourless Chocolate Cake
- Healthy Chocolate Chunk Oatmeal Banana Bread
Not your average banana bread but healthy chocolate chunk oatmeal banana bread. This bread is…