Brookie Bars|| Brownie cookie bars
Cookie bars are the easiest way to make cookies for a large group of people. All you need to bake the cookie dough in a tray, slice it into bars and enjoy. Especially these brookie bars! These are the best of the chocolate bakes you can make and all they need are 30 minutes.
How cool is it you can make fudgy, chocolate-y cookie bars that so very like brownie but are cookies all under 30 minutes!? VERY VERY GOOD.. Read on to learn more.
How to make these delicious Brookie Brownie Cookie Bars?
Simple! You need one sauce pan. Yes, no extra bowls and mixing. Just a sauce pan in which you will have to start melting the butter with. For any chocolate bakes, you need good quality chocolate bars. Use them for this recipe too.
Melt the butter and take the pan off heat. Add the chocolate and cover the sauce pan with a lid. While the chocolate is melting, you get out the other ingredients. You need eggs, loads of vanilla, granulated sugar,all purpose flour, optionally cocoa powder and baking soda. The baking soda is important to make these cookie bars – no baking soda, no cookies. I don’t like baking powder in cookies and do not like cake-y cookies. The crunch and gooey-ness are so important in these delicious brookie brownie cookie bars. And oh, don’t forget more chocolate chunks to load your brookie bars with.
Check out the recipe below –
Simple Brookie || Brownie Cookie BarsFhareen’s Kitchen
- Sauce pan
- Baking tray
- 150 Grams Dark Chocolate Chopped into chunks
- 100 Grams More Chocolate to add in the batter as toppings Optional
- 120 Grams [1 Cup] Unsalted Butter Cut into cubes
- 2 Whole Eggs
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 120 Gms [1 Cup] White Granulated Sugar
- 180 Gms [1 1/2 Cups] All purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- In a sauce pan heat the butter. Wait until it is all melted. Take the pan off heat.
- Add the 150 grams chocolate chunks into the sauce pan and close the pan with a plate or lid. Wait for 5 minutes.
- Using a whisk, mix the now melted chocolate and the butter until smooth.
- Add the sugar, eggs and the vanilla to the chocolate mixture. Combine them all.
- Add the flour, baking soda and the salt.
- Mix just until the brookie batter come together.
- In a lined and greased baking tray, spread the brookie batter evenly.
- Add the chocolate chunks on the top, so every piece get chocolate.
- Bake in a preheated oven of 180 degrees Celsius for 16-18 minutes.
- Let it cool slightly and slice them into bars.
- Serve and enjoy.
- Use Cocoa powder if you like when you add the flour to the batter.
- Bake just until set, 18 minutes should enough.
- Serve with ice cream..
Check out my Instagram profile @Fhareena for more recipes and photos.