Apple walnut muffins with buttermilk glaze
Every Friday I try to clear up the fruits and vegetables bought the Sunday before and get ready to go get groceries for the coming week. Not ideal, getting fruits and vegetables once in a week. But I am a working woman, excused.
Now back to the recipe, I wanted to use up the last two apples that were in my fridge. So decided to make something that will be good enough to be eaten for breakfast; you know, not overly sweet but tasty and loaded with healthy ingredients.
Thinking and more thinking, I decided to do apple muffins spiced with cinnamon. To ramp up the said health quotients of my muffins I pulled out my tin of whole wheat flour, crunchy walnuts and succulent golden raisins.
And sticking to healthy ingredients theme(😋 I am so fond of sweets I seldom follow health rules), I decided to replace regular oil or butter with COCONUT OIL👍😃
The glaze in my recipe is buttermilk glaze, that will brilliantly give a tangy note to the muffins.
The result was as you can see in my pictures, will be AMAZING, if I say so myself. Lets get on to the recipe now..
Ingredients required – makes 12 medium sized muffins
- Whole wheat meal/ flour – 1 1/2 cups
- Brown sugar, packed tightly – 3/4 cup
- Baking powder – 1tsp
- Baking soda – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – a big pinch
- Cinnamon – 1tsp
- Coconut oil – 1/2 cup, at room temperature
- Eggs – 2
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
- Milk – 1 cup
Add-ons(Makes the plain muffin as apple muffins😍)
- Apples, peeled, cored and chopped – 2(used royal gala apples here)
- Chopped Walnuts – 1/2 cup
- Raisins – 1/2 cup
- Buttermilk – 1tsp
- Confectioners’/icing sugar – 1/2 cup
- I don’t sift wheat flour usually, but using refined flour please sift it. Put all the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix them all with a wooden spoon.
- Mix the wet ingredients in a small mug and add the contents into the bowl with the dry ingredients. Mix slowly JUST until they are combined. DO NOT OVERWORK.
- Add the apples, walnuts and the raisins in the muffin batter and mix in. Again, do not work🙂
- Scoop in the batter (yes, scoop using a mechanical ice cream scoop if you have one. Best way to load the muffin cup) in the already prepared KO muffin tins that are lined and oiled.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes @180°C preheated oven.
- Once done, cool them slightly on a cooling rack.
- Make the buttermilk glaze by mixing the icing sugar with a teaspoon of buttermilk. Glaze them while they are still warm and the glaze set. Serve😍
From my Instagram post –
Apple muffins with walnuts and raisins, drizzled with buttermilk glaze
Visit my bio @fhareena for the recipe or here – https://parveenskitchen.com/2018/11/09/apple-walnut-muffins-with-buttermilk-glaze/ 😍
#goodfood #eeeeeats #foodblogfeed #onthetable #foodfood #foodism #foodstagram #foodporn #food #foodphotography #instafood #foodie #instagram #fhareencooks #parveenskitchen #delicious #yummy #bake #foodlover #lovefood #instagramfoodies #applemuffins🍎 #apples #muffins #applewalnuts #applewalnutraisin #bakefeed #baking #walnuts #raisinmuffinsfor the recipe or the