Love cobblers? Then you'll definitely love this Vegan Chocolate Strawberry Cobbler a lot. The benefits…
Slow Cooker Strawberry Cobbler
Savor the sweetness of fresh strawberries with our delectable Slow Cooker Strawberry Cobbler recipe. This easy-to-make dessert is a delightful way to enjoy the flavors of summer all year round. Whether you’re hosting an event or simply in need of a comforting treat, this recipe is sure to satisfy your cravings.
– 4 cups of fresh strawberries, hulled and halved
– 1 cup of granulated sugar
– 1 cup of all-purpose flour
– 1 teaspoon of baking powder
– 1/4 teaspoon of salt
– 1/4 cup of unsalted butter, melted
– 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
– 1/4 cup of unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
– Optional: Vanilla ice cream for serving
Step 1: Prepare the Slow Cooker
1. Grease the inside of the slow cooker to prevent sticking.
Step 2: Combine Strawberries and Sugar
1. In a mixing bowl, gently toss the fresh strawberries with 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
2. Allow the strawberries to sit for about 15 minutes, allowing them to release their juices and create a delicious syrup.
Step 3: Prepare the Buttery Topping
1. In a separate mixing bowl, combine the remaining 1/2 cup of granulated sugar, flour, baking powder, and salt.
2. Add the melted butter and vanilla extract to the dry mixture, stirring until a crumbly texture forms.
Step 4: Assemble the Cobbler
1. Evenly spread the crumbly mixture at the bottom of the greased slow cooker.
2. Carefully spoon the strawberry mixture over the crumbly layer. Avoid stirring; the mixture will blend during cooking.
3. Distribute the small pieces of butter evenly across the strawberry layer.
Step 5: Cook the Cobbler
1. Cover the slow cooker with its lid.
2. Set the slow cooker to the low setting and cook the cobbler for 2 to 3 hours. The batter should set, and the edges should turn golden brown. The butter pieces will melt into a rich, buttery topping.
Step 6: Serve and Enjoy
1. After cooking, turn off the slow cooker and allow the cobbler to cool slightly.
2. Spoon the warm cobbler into bowls. For an extra treat, serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream if desired.
This version of the Slow Cooker Strawberry Cobbler recipe skips the milk but offers a delightful buttery topping that perfectly complements the fresh strawberry flavors. This dessert is a wonderful combination of comfort and indulgence. Whether enjoyed on its own or with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, this cobbler is bound to become a favorite for any occasion.
Check out my Instagram profile and highlights for more pics and recipes – @Fhareena #parveenskitchen #foodblogger