Recipe of a delicious, simple and very easy caramel cake with whipped caramel frosting. This…
Best Ever Loaded Carrot cake with Cardamom cream cheese frosting
The first time I ever saw a carrot cake recipe in a Rachel Allen show, I was so nearly stunned speechless. Who would have thought you can bake amazing cakes using the root ‘vegetable’??!!
Well seriously, I have seen the carrot halwa[Gajar ka Halwa] made in North India, a very delicious dessert made from carrots and sugar. The other times I have seen carrots are always in stir fries, gravy or with lentils. But seeing the recipe while I was so new to the baking world was an eye opener. That I can make delicious and amazing cakes using any ingredient I like and baking is not just for cakes, and you can make a lot more.
After the first time shock, I have tried carrot cakes several times and I have perfected the recipe until I am satisfied it will result in perfectly baked, incredibly moist fully loaded carrot cake.
Fully loaded? Yes.. the recipe is loaded with the goodness of grated carrots, walnuts and golden raisins.
For every bite you will take it your taste buds will explode and will give you a sugar rush, in a healthy way.
The frosting here is my cardamom spiced cream cheese frosting – My way of introducing a Indian twist that my carrot cake is as cool as the carrot halwa, only it doesn’t need the hard work needed in the halwa recipe.
Intrigued? Let’s get on to the recipe –
Ingredients – Makes 2 layered cake, serves 8
For the carrot cake
- Oats flour –1 ½ cups
- Regular white sugar – ½ cup
- Dark brown sugar – ¾ cup
- Baking soda – 2tsp
- Salt – 1tsp
- Ground Cinnamon – 1 tsp
- Vanilla – 1tsp
- Eggs -3
- Olive oil – ¾ cup[Any vegetable oil will do]
- Carrots, peeled and grated – 3 cups
- Walnuts, chopped – 3/4 cup
- Raisins –3/4 cup
Cream Cheese frosting
- Cream Cheese, at room temperature – 200gms
- Icing sugar – 3 cups
- Whipping cream – ½ cup
- Powdered Cardamom – 1tsp [Blitz cardamom seeds from two pods, throw the pods out, with some white sugar if you want a freshly spiced frosting]
Candied Walnuts, totally optional[Don’t miss the crunch]
- Walnuts – a handful
- White sugar – 4tbsp
- Put all the dry ingredients – flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a large bowl. Whisk slightly.
- Add the vanilla ,oil, eggs and mix well. Hand whisk is enough. No need to beat vigorously. Just until all are mixed well.
- Now the best part, fold in your grated carrots, walnuts and raisins.
- The batter is ready. Now divide them in to two 8” prepared tins and bake at 180 C for 45 mins.
- Let the cakes cool in the tin for 10 minutes after they are baked and then take them out of the tins to cool in a rack.
- While the cake is cooling, get ready to make your cardamom cheese frosting.
- Beat the cream cheese until fluffy, add the icing sugar, cardamom and the cream and beat until they are fluffy and spreadable.
- Sandwich the cakes with the icing spread in between and frost the outsides as you like.
- If adding, once you are done frosting the cake, put the walnuts on top.
Optional candied walnuts
- In a pan, throw in some sugar, and melt in medium flame until they are all melty and brown and boiling.
- You don’t to burn it too much, so be careful and take off heat once you see the first sign of boil.
- Stir in the walnuts[Careful, they will be sticky], coat them well and take out to place in a non-tick surface.
From my Instagram post
Walnuts and #raisins loaded carrot cake with #cardamom spiked cream cheese frosting
Recipe in my bio @fhareena
Or visit my blog…
goodfood #eeeeeats #foodblogfeed #onthetable #foodfood #foodism #foodstagram #foodporn #food #yummy #yum #foodphotography #instafood #foodie #chennaifoodie #fhareencooks #parveenskitchen #delicious #yummy #comfortfood #lovefood #instagramfoodies #carrotcake #creamcheesefrosting #bbcgoodfood #recipes #instagram