Spicy Potato Onion Paratha
**Spicy Potato Onion Paratha Recipe with Minced Garlic and Ground Pepper**
*Parathas are a beloved Indian flatbread, and when stuffed with a spicy potato and onion filling, they become a delightful and hearty dish. This recipe adds a twist with the inclusion of minced garlic and ground pepper, elevating the flavors to a whole new level. Let’s get started!*
– 2 cups whole wheat flour
– 3 medium-sized potatoes, boiled and mashed
– 1 large onion, finely chopped
– 2 green chilies, finely chopped
– 1 tablespoon minced garlic
– 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
– 1 teaspoon red chili powder
– 1 teaspoon ground pepper
– 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
– Salt to taste
– Fresh coriander leaves, chopped
– Ghee or oil for cooking
1. **Prepare the Dough:**
– In a large mixing bowl, combine whole wheat flour with water and knead into a smooth dough. Cover and let it rest for 15-20 minutes.
2. **Prepare the Filling:**
– In a pan, heat oil and add minced garlic. Sauté until the garlic becomes aromatic.
– Add chopped onions and green chilies. Cook until the onions turn golden brown.
3. **Add Spice Mix:**
– Mix in turmeric powder, red chili powder, ground pepper, and garam masala. Stir well to combine.
4. **Potato Mixture:**
– Add the boiled and mashed potatoes to the pan. Season with salt and mix thoroughly. Cook for 5-7 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld.
5. **Add Fresh Flavors:**
– Toss in chopped fresh coriander leaves and mix. Remove the filling from heat and let it cool.
6. **Assemble the Parathas:**
– Take a small portion of the dough and roll it into a ball. Flatten it into a small disc.
– Place a generous spoonful of the potato-onion filling in the center of the disc.
7. **Seal and Roll:**
– Bring the edges of the dough together to encase the filling and seal it. Flatten the stuffed ball gently.
8. **Roll Out Parathas:**
– Roll out the stuffed dough into a circular paratha using a rolling pin. Dust with flour to prevent sticking.
– Heat a griddle or flat pan. Place the rolled paratha on it and cook until brown spots appear on both sides.
– Apply ghee or oil on both sides while cooking to make it crispy.
10. **Serve Hot:**
– Repeat the process for the remaining dough and filling.
– Serve the spicy potato onion parathas hot with yogurt, pickles, or any chutney of your choice.
*Enjoy these flavorful parathas with the added kick of minced garlic and ground pepper! They make for a satisfying meal on their own or paired with your favorite accompaniments.*
Check out my Instagram profile and highlights for more pics and recipes – @Fhareena #parveenskitchen #foodblogger