Pretty in pink here are the ALMOND DATES MUFFINS WITH POMEGRANATE GLAZE..
Made these pretty little ones in the morning, and would you believe these are gluten free and naturally sweetened with Dates. Forgive the sugar glaze though, couldn’t help myself and made the fresh, bright glaze with pomegranate juice made for breakfast!
Back to the gluten-free muffins, I made some Almond milk with dates yesterday and was left with the pulp which I spread in and slightly dried to get the Almond meal. Since it had dates, I made use of it in this almond muffins.
Ingredients are –
- Coconut Oil – 1/2 cup
- Almond meal – 1 cup[Mine have some traces of Dates]
- Date Syrup – 2 tablespoons
- Egg – 1
- Baking Powder – 1tsp
- Baking Soda – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Vanilla Extract – 1 tsp
Ingredients for the Glaze –
- Pomegrante Juice – 3 Tablespoons
- Icing sugar or Powdered sugar – 1 1/2 cups
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees Celsius
- In a large bowl, add the coconut oil, Dates Syrup, egg and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add the almond meal, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Fold in.
- Divide the batter into prepared muffins tin and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Cool and glaze.