Potatoes – One of the world’s favorite ingredients. There are a lot of different dishes made with this awesome root vegetable and today’s recipe is one easy, one pan, delicious fried potatoes.
Fried here is a loose term.. These are shallow fried on a cast iron pan. But the recipe can be made in an air fryer basket with the oil totally cut or baked in oven.
But Me, here I am going to FRY them for the awesome crispy and yummy potato chunks.
The recipe while being made will make your house smell divine with all the dried Thyme and pepper in it. And yes, DO NOT FORGET FRESHLY CRUSHED GARLIC.
If you have a garlic press, use it to your advantage. While the garlic tastes good in the food, it is not while it is sticking in your hand.
The recipe is below –
Ingredients – Serves 3 persons
- 2 Large potatoes, Peeled and cubed. Any variety will do. Here I’m using the common Russet potatoes.
- 3 Garlic Cloved with peel. Crushed with a garlic press or a knife on board.
- 2 Tsp Dried Thyme
- 1 tsp – Salt
- 1/2 Tsp – Coarsely Ground Pepper
- 1/2 Tsp – Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 Tsp – Chilly Powder
- Oil to fry[3 tsp for Pan fry, 1 tsp for baking and no oil, if your are goinf to air fry.]
Method – Now the steps – Your are just 3 steps away from the awesome fragrant Potatoes fry.
- Heat oil in a cast iron pan.
- Add the crushed garlic and let them get fried for about 30 seconds. Add all other ingrdients, give them a quick mix and now wait.
- Fry in the pan with occassional stir for about 12-15 mins. Same time for Air frying too. Drain once done and serve hot.