In a world of breakfast muffins, one can find a lot of flavors, different flavor combinations, frosted muffins, cupcakes etc.,
Today’s recipe is one unique and utterly delicious flavor combination that will leave you mesmerized.
I have called it as muffins, although I’ve used butter in the batter, but feel free to drizzle a glaze or frost them.
Just so we get the original flavor, I have left them without even a sugar dusting making them fit to be spread with some jam and eaten as whole.
So today’s recipe is Mango Saffron Breakfast muffins.
A unique combination, really and the sugar used is lesser than my regular use – I just wanted to let the natural fruit sugar talk for itself and trust me, it will be sweet if you use good quality mangoes.
Before we go to the recipe, I want to insist you do not skip the saffron as the spice lends a subtle flavor to the muffins and the color.. the color is what we are hoping for. A fantastic yellow hue, totally unique to the use saffron is the ultimate joy of baking these muffins. Hope you all try it and enjoy.
Mango Saffron Muffins
Ingredients – Makes about 8 large muffins or 12 smaller ones
1. Unsalted butter – 100gms
2. Castor Sugar – 50gms
3. Egg – 1
4. Flour – 1 cup[About 220gms]
5. Baking Powder – 1 tsp
6. Baking Soda – 1/2 tsp
7. Salt – 1/2 tsp
8. Mango pulp or unsweetened puree – 1 cup
9. Saffron – A large pinch dissolved in a tsp f milk or if using pure extract 1/2 tsp.
1. In a mixer fitted with beater attachment, cream together butter and sugar.
2. Add egg and beat well.
3. Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda and the salt along with the mango puree and the saffron.
4. Mix just until the batter come together.
5. Bake for 18-20 minutes in a preheated oven of 180 degrees Celsius.
6. Enjoy – Serving suggestion with some jam, fruit and nuts is in the gallery.