Easy Lime cupcakes with Lime buttercream
When you do not want to put in hard work beating the butter with sugar for your cupcakes, just use this recipe for the canola oil cucpakes.
Very easy, made in a single bowl the recipe below for the cupcakes makes 6 normal sized cupcakes. If you want to use smaller batches in a mini muffin tray, should make 12.
Although the cupcake has oil instead of butter, the frosting is pure indulgence – made with soft unsalted butter, icing sugar and loads of lime flavor. Feel free to use any lime frosting with the cake, but buttercream is easy to make, holds its shape when set and TASTIER, in my humble opinion.
We start by mixing the oil, sugar and the egg. Then goes the lime zest and the juice. Then the flour, baking powder and the salt. Mix well, pour in prepared tins, bake in an 180 degrees celcius preheated oven for 20-25 minutes until baked.
Let them cool and keep them ready to be frosted. Three ingredients is all you need for this amazing concotion – Soft unsalted butter, icing sugar and lime juice.
Use your stand mixer or foor processor to make the icing, to get soft piping consistency.
Frost the cupcakes and enjoy –
1. 3/4 cup of Canola oil
2. 3/4 cup of castor sugar
3. 1 cup of flour
4. Egg -1
5. Zest and juice of 2 small limes
6. Baking powder – 1 tsp
7. Salt – 1/2 tsp
For the icing
1. Softened unsalted butter – 50 gms
2. Icing or confectioner’s sugar – 200 gms
3. Lime Juice from 1 fruit.
1. Start by mixing the oil, sugar and the egg. Then goes the lime zest and the juice.
2. Then the flour, baking powder and the salt. 3. Mix well, pour in prepared tins, bake in an 180 degrees celcius preheated oven for 20-25 minutes until baked.
4. Let them cool while you prepare the frosting by mixing all the ingredients until the icing is smooth and ready.
5. Frost your cupcakes and enjoy.