How many of you like bagels? Very easy to buy from store, slice, toast and spread your favorite cream cheese or any nut butters with a lot more of your favorite stuffing. What could be more easy without having to suffer through the long process of making traditional homemade bagels, right? No kneading, no time waiting for the dough to prove, no boiling the bagel rings for the signature chewy crunch..
I have an easy solution guys, with just two ingredients[yes, you read that right, only 2], okay, if you want a nice color on your bagel an egg[3 ingredients!!] and some nice topping/seasoning[4??!!!] ingredients. But not more than that, with being the last two are totally optional.. Easy, right??
The recipe is totally easy, simple and you can safely skip few of the major steps involved in traditional bagel making, but still can achieve the same texture. Welcome to world of instant pizza base/bagel dough, when you don’t have the time, and the ingredients and simply, no mood to indulge in an elaborate process of making them traditionally.
Easy two ingredients Bagel.
All you need is self-rising flour and some Greek yoghurt. If you don’t have self-rising flour, no worries – get on to making these beauties with plain flour, salt and baking powder[You have your homemade self-rising flour now!]
In this recipe, I have purposefully given the portions to make only a couple of bagels, if you are feeling particularly nice, three to share because to reinforce this recipe is so very simple and you can make them as you fancy to make them on demand.
- Self – Rising flour – 1 cup
- Greek Yoghurt – 1/3 cup
- Egg – Lightly beaten[Optional]
- Toppings[Sesame/All bagel seasoning/any seeds/grated garlic..,] – Optional
- Pre-heat your air fryer or oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
- Mix the flour and yoghurt well, add a dash of water if required until smooth and soft. A stand mixer will do this in a jiffy 🤗😍
- Cut in equal halves, and roll each of your half into a cylindrical log. And join the ends together to make the bagel.
- If using, give it a nice egg wash and sprinkle the toppings.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes in the oven or for 12-15 minutes in the air fryer.
- Let them cool for a few minutes and enjoy.