I have always loved to bake with fruits – no matter dried or fresh. Do you know, dried fruits are equally healthy just as the fresh ones are?
And dried fruits are easy to carry around for a light and healthy snack. They have a longer shelf life too. Most importantly, you get to see fruits in their dried form that you cannot get fresh in your geographical locations.
Apricot and Cranberries are few of the above kind, we don’t see them fresh in Chennai, but are found in abundance dried. I have always loved the chunky apricots and who doesn’t love the energy and antioxidants packed cranberries.
So when I started baking, I’ve always tried to incorporate apricot. The taste while great, there was just something missing in a wholly sweet cake. Which is when I found the sour, still juicy when re-hydrated dried cranberries.
So mixed in right proportion, the fruit cake is awesome and is a must try for someone who loves fruit bakes just like me.
So, today’s recipe is my APRICOT CRANBERRY CAKE
Ingredients – Serves 6
- Unsalted butter – 125 grams
- Castor sugar – 125 grams
- Eggs – 3
- Vanilla – a generous splash
- Flour – 150 grams
- Baking Powder – 1 tsp
- Baking soda – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Ground Cinnamon – 1/2 tsp
- Milk – 2 tbsp
- Dried Apricot & Cranberries – Chopped – 1 cup
- In a mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Add eggs one at a time and mix well.
- Add the vanilla, flour, milk , baking soda, baking powder, salt, Cinnamon in bowl and mix until fluffy.
- Fold in the dried fruits and mix carefully.
- Bake in a loaf tin, in a preheated oven of 180 degrees Celsius for 45 -50 minutes.
- Once baked, cool in a cooling rack and slice with a serrated knife.
A very moist, juicy cake that you will always want to try. They will keep well[If you can resist eating them, up to 3 days in a tight container].